tough parents

hello guyys :greeting:

may I ask you a question

is it right
that if having a tough parents who always hit there children :thumbdown: causes SA or even stuttering

Flanscho

I guess being regularly hit by parents might have an impact on the children in lots of ways. SA and stuttering? Maybe. But SA and stuttering are also caused by lots of other things.

jaim38

Maybe. My sibling used to be spanked a lot when he was little. His social skills are even worse than mine, though I think he also has autism.

PrincessKitty

Yeahh it can have an impact on children a lot. when it comes to adult hood, all there responsibilities and decisions will have a huge impact on them. Even studies have shown this. I think its wrong and bang out of order when parents hit their children. Even now i still hate it!

Odo

Banned
I think that it can definitely contribute, but I'm not sure if it's the only cause.

Sometimes I think that your friends might have a bigger impact on your confidence/ability to carry yourself than your parents. If you don't have supportive friends OR good parents, you're pretty much screwed.

DepravedFurball

what is the other things :)

Other factors besides parents. Could be siblings, aunt/uncle, teachers, people of authority, uncontrolled biological responses...

Basically, since everything has the ability to cause an effect, singling one specific item out is kind of pointless.

Yes, tough/abusive parents can cause SA... but so too can uber-cute fluffy white kittens. :thinking: