Topical Glycopyrrolate from pills- success!

Hello all HH friends,
I'm a 30 years old man, had an ETS surgery when I was 15 and I suffer from heavy CS in the summer (Israel - hot, humid) and mild in the wintertime.

I have tried creams, Herbs, oils and Ditropan.
Nothing worked except Ditropan- which hurts cognitive abilities in both oral and topical form. Stay away from it.

I recently started taking Glycopyrrolate orally and it works good. My dose is about 3 2mg pills a day, taken in a few hours intervals.
However, it blurs the mind as well for about an hour, and afterwards I enjoy the sweat reduction effect with a bit of dry throat and casual headaches.

But I found the best and most practical way of consuming it with no side effects and the same dose as orally.
Take the pills of your daily dose and put them in a small bottle- the dark ones used for homeopathic medicins and such. Add just a bit of warm water- you know it's enough when the water isn't so white. Shake for a few seconds. Look how tall the water is in the bottle and figure how much water makes one pill.
Put just a bit of the mix on your palm and rub both hands together until it dries. Use just enough for the mix not to drip from your hands so no substance is lost. For me, about 3 rounds equals one pill. You can continue doing it doting the day anywhere any time, in the way that suits you best.

For me, this method is more effective then rubbing directly on the CS areas- probably because the hands are more efficient in absorbing substances into the bloodstream. This method works very well from the feet as well, but for me it's less practical. I suggest trying both. Don't use pads as substance is lost into them.

I know that i took too much if my ability to do math mentally is hurt.

I still sweat a bit now in spring time, but I work in sound reinforcement, and there's quite a bit of physical work and stress under the sun. I believe there's about %70 improvement.
Before I used to sweat the most in my back, then buttocks, then belly. The way Glycopyrrolate works for me is that it reduces the heavily sweating areas first, making the sweat more balanced and reduced. I also suffer from feet HH, didn't have ETS for it, but Glycopyrrolate doesn't work for me in that regard for some reason, even if I apply it on the feet. Luckily it's less of a concern for me.

Good luck.
Adam

Last edited:

hyp-hi

I might give this a try. It would be great if it would help keep the hands dry and not dry out the throat like it does when you take it orally.

Sprawling

I believe I tried this years ago using alcohol as the base since it dries faster. If mixing with water produces results... EXCELLENT!

For some people the crushed tablets work in the water with ionto treatment. It's all about experimentation.

ukchick

I'm definitely going to give this a try, would you recommend a particular time of day ie. morning,before bed etc.
Thanks so much for idea,my daughter needs something for her hand sweating soon before she goes crazy !

tianh

Hey Adam,

If you don't mind me asking, what nerves did you get cut when you were 15? If your CS is that bad, couldn't you use an undershirt or tank top when you go out?

I'm definitely going to give this a try, would you recommend a particular time of day ie. morning,before bed etc.
Thanks so much for idea,my daughter needs something for her hand sweating soon before she goes crazy !

I can take 3 pills worth of solution along an hour or some more with no side effects, depends on the situation. Can't recommend any specific time of the day. I suffer from CS and it's heat dependent to a large degree. I don't know how this works for palmar HH. However, I would assume that if the area where you apply the solution is already saturated with sweat, it might be less effective (try feet?)
. I Just have the bottle and do it bit by bit, that way the body is not attacked.
I never tried it before bed, I would assume it's a waste, but for each his own.

Hey Adam,

If you don't mind me asking, what nerves did you get cut when you were 15? If your CS is that bad, couldn't you use an undershirt or tank top when you go out?

I have no clue honestly. We in Israel had just one version of the operation at that time, done from the underpit to somewhere in the chest.

About the second Q, the purpose is not to sweat and to live around it, like hiding it, change clothes and deal with odors, I prefer not sweating as much and live normal. My nature is outgoing and spontaneous - doesn't go well together with HH.

Last edited:
I noticed that using the solution after the shower is just as effective (although the hand's skin is a bit moist already - perhaps the cleaning opens up the skin?)

Now it starts to get hotter and with my line of work I have to take 3.5/4 2mg pills worth a solution a day, but it's a job that a CS sufferer wouldn't take %99 of the cases. It's really worth it, 3 pills orally in short intervals makes me a dumb balloon, but still- no side effects when applied topically.
If anyone could advice how to get the medicine into Israel cheaper then from Canada I'd like to know, please PM.

Thank you
Adam

Sprawling

I wonder if you use one of those small bottles that have an eye dropper thingy on the cap. This way you can totally control how many drops you use. I'm going to talk with my doc to see if I can get some glyco.

I wonder if you use one of those small bottles that have an eye dropper thingy on the cap. This way you can totally control how many drops you use. I'm going to talk with my doc to see if I can get some glyco.

yup, but the quantity you have to absorb into your hand is too large to mess with it. Your daily variables aren't smaller then the mistake range :)
Too little water in the solution makes your hands too sticky, although it goes away quite fast.