too depressed for examinations

Hurricane

I'm starting my exams this friday, I've been learning 3 weeks now and yet it seems like I have not learned a thing...I'm really too depressed to concentrate :(
I so badly want to have good grades, it's my first exam in university and already it's too much :(
I'm so afraid of failing and having to work again sooner or later, I already worked a couple of months and felt really bad

I have no friends, I'm lonely, I hate myself, I'm bored, I do have a gf who I don't see often because of the exams, I really hate life

what future is there for me? the only thing I enjoy is powertraining, and even sometimes I feel too depressed for that

just renting...

AnthonyJ31

Hurricane said:
I'm starting my exams this friday, I've been learning 3 weeks now and yet it seems like I have not learned a thing...I'm really too depressed to concentrate :(
I so badly want to have good grades, it's my first exam in university and already it's too much :(
I'm so afraid of failing and having to work again sooner or later, I already worked a couple of months and felt really bad

I have no friends, I'm lonely, I hate myself, I'm bored, I do have a gf who I don't see often because of the exams, I really hate life

what future is there for me? the only thing I enjoy is powertraining, and even sometimes I feel too depressed for that

just renting...

I hear ya loud and clear. The depression that goes along with this SA problem is terrible. It's hard for me personally to find much enjoyment out of life at all - no matter what I am doing or no matter where I am at. I wish I had some good answers for you buddy but I don't. If I did, I would use them for myself as well. I am similar to you in that the only thing I seem to get any joy out of is power training(weight lifting) and even in that I have problems. I have been weight lifting for years and I can't seem to improve my bench press; I'm stuck at about a max of 260 pounds.....Oh well! At least exercise is a release.

triceratops

Hey I have a similar problem Ive got my first exam on thursday but I think ive fucked up the first year aready due to my sa im just getting more and more pissed off with my uni situation and I just cant bring myself to revise for my exams which I really need to pass. :cry:

scatmantom

i struggled in the 1st year, did really badly. I passed after some resits, and it was a kick up the arse. Ever since ive worked so hard, I stopped using SA as an excuse. I pay too much for the degree to waste my chance and fail. I hope u all feel the same and just knuckle down. Speak to a tutor if its really bothering you, they are there to help!

triceratops

Yeah true we shouldn use sa as an excuse not sure if this helps hurricane but I have this really weird way of revising Ill find out all the information I need to know for my exams and write it down. I have really bad concentration and get bored easily so all I do is play computer games look at what I need to know and just say it repeatedly in my head while im playing after a while it starts to stick I did this during my a levels and remember going into the exam and I had the answers word for word in my head. I did aright in my a levels so it worked for me :)

allanboy

silverwolf said:
u have a gf hurricane, that's a pretty good achievement for someone with sp.

It is, isnt it. Damn, i feel jealous for him to be able to say "yeah, i got a GF".

Oh, and scyth, damn, how come i never thought of that before, hot damn.

Richey

Hey everyone i relate to all of the comments mentioned so far and will fight to overcome it this year for myself and for you guys who seem to be in the same shoes. My first year i just passed but didn't learn enough. I feel that this year i need to knuckle down a lot more. I become very paranoid and distracted with SA that it affects my concentration in class and even when i get home.

Hurricane

thx for the replies guys, I'm glad you people care and know what I'm going through, I really want to pass the exams but I feel it's already to late, I'll try my best though!

I realize I'm very happy having a gf (she's wonderful, we cried together yesterday because I was feeling down, have not cried in 6 years btw)
I shouldn't be so wanting and just enjoy the things that I do have!

Scyth that's an interesting learning method but I don't think it'll work for me :) (although I play alot of games)

Richey

Yeah! look honestly you have a girlfriend so its not all bad for you. I have struggled with relationships for so long now. My last girlfriend cheated on me with a best friend and since then i have just struggled to even find the courage to make small talk with girls.

Good Luck with your exams.