Tips on how to relax, ease the mind

islington

For me I have thoughts running through my mind nearly 24/7 but I did get a relaxing technique from my Councellor that does relax me at times so Ill share it with you guys.

Basically you have to get yourself in an un comfortable position and then relax yoursef. You breath in and say "relax in" and then you breath out and say "stress out" the bigger the breaths the better.

1. tense muscles of arms by making a tight clenched fist with both hands. bring hands up towards your shulders as if you were lifting weights. repeat this twice. Then You breath in and say "relax in" and then you breath out and say "stress out"

2. Shoulders - Lift shoulders to touch your ears for about 30 seconds. Then You breath in and say "relax in" and then you breath out and say "stress out"

3. Neck - Bring head down to touch your chest with your chin for about 20 seconds. Then You breath in and say "relax in" and then you breath out and say "stress out"

4. chest - Chest out and stomach in. Hold breath for about 10 seconds saying "relax in" then after 10 seconds breathing out saying stress out"

5. Legs - Do hamstring stretch for about 10 second. Then You breath in and say "relax in" and then you breath out and say "stress out"

Your best off repeating each process two times every morning and you will feel a difference.

If anyone else has recieved any techniques from their councellors for relaxing the mind etc..Can you please post! Hope this technique helps a few of you anyway.