time travel

durda_dan

my theory!
if you go back in time and kill a fly it will have absolutely no impact on the outcome of society

Example - go to the dinosaur time line, kill a fly, the dinosaurs still die by meteorite.

oppinions?

Thelema

The germs on your hands transfer to the fly and whatever else comes in contact with the dead fly...a lizard and then transfers to the whole jungle...and since this is a ferocious virus beyond anything the World has seen and there is no resistance to it, wipes out all the tiny mammals and well, there ya go!

durda_dan

i don't believe that, because maybe our germs wouldn't be able to multiplty in their environment

Plus apparently if youtake someone from the middle ages and brought them to our time they would suffocate?
and if we went back we would get high on Oxygen

Thelema

durda_dan said:
i don't believe that, because maybe our germs wouldn't be able to multiplty in their environment

Plus apparently if youtake someone from the middle ages and brought them to our time they would suffocate?

Lots of Indians and Mayans got sick and died because of the foreign germs transmitted that they had no resistance to. A warm jungle has to the perfect place! Plus our germs have to be better evolved and ready to really cause some havoc on our ancestors' less evolved immune systems.

I've never heard that before. Would probably be like going up to a tall elevation for them. Don't people breathe pure oxygen to deal with altitude sickness? So breathing it in shouldn't hurt us in the middle ages, either...I'd be afraid of the Black Knight tho

Neph

id go back to meet myself as a little kid so i can be there for that guy

he had no one growing up so he had to raise himself up

he was alone

durda_dan

Thelema said:
durda_dan said:

Lots of Indians and Mayans got sick and died because of the foreign germs transmitted that they had no resistance to. A warm jungle has to the perfect place! Plus our germs have to be better evolved and ready to really cause some havoc on our ancestors' less evolved immune systems.

I've never heard that before. Would probably be like going up to a tall elevation for them. Don't people breathe pure oxygen to deal with altitude sickness? So breathing it in shouldn't hurt us in the middle ages, either...I'd be afraid of the Black Knight tho
but oxygen gets you high, try this out, take deep breaths for 2 minutes, i don't meean like small sissy breaths, i mean like heaving getting all the air you can breaths.
after one minute your high,
if you keep breathing high class oxygen i don't know what would happen, but you probably be shit faced high

But what i meant was that Our germs live in our time frame, But our germs hundreds of years ago might dye off because of the difference in air/temperature/climate or even something as the current state of magnitism

Thelema

durda_dan said:
Thelema said:
durda_dan said:

but oxygen gets you high, try this out, take deep breaths for 2 minutes, i don't meean like small sissy breaths, i mean like heaving getting all the air you can breaths.
after one minute your high,
if you keep breathing high class oxygen i don't know what would happen, but you probably be shit faced high

But what i meant was that Our germs live in our time frame, But our germs hundreds of years ago might dye off because of the difference in air/temperature/climate or even something as the current state of magnitism

Germs have survived in the tombs of Egypt for 1000 years. I really don't think the earth was that different 500 years ago. Humans haven't changed in hundreds of thousands of years, so it stands to reason, the earth is more or less the same....at least so similar, we have had no reason to evolve to adapt. Sickness is still around because of its ability to adapt and survive. Germs have been around since the beginning of time, because they aren't picky. Indians crossed the land bridge 10,000 years ago and remained separate from Europe. When the Europeans came they brought germs the Indians had no resistance to and hundreds of thousands died. The same exact thing would happen if you went back 500 years. Dinosaurs would be wiped out, maybe not right away, but you bet the germs wouldn't stop adapting.

Free divers take deep breaths to be able to stay down longer and they can't be getting high while 100 feet down in a 5 minute dive.