Three day's till Court

Confuseddd

Hi , Don't think im a horrible person please.
I am just A teenager and we do stupid things I suppose but anyways About six months ago I was arrested for alcohol possession under the age of twenty one and was sentenced to parole for six months. Now my conditions of parole were I complete 6 classes of AA and write a summary on them. I was supposed to send these summarys to my parole officer who by the way never once tried to contact me , never once sent me a letter , or even made any sort of half assed attempt at contacting me , another note worthy point is i owe the courts three hundred dollars for SupervisedProbation. I am going to be fighting this point as i have done my research and under my states law I do not owe them a dime , seeing as I was not once supervised by any one. Although i did breach parole by not completeing my AA classes I am going to treat that as A seperate issue when talking to the DA(district attorney)
Pretty much im A little stressed out and wanted to write this down here.
I feel almost sick , and have three more days of anticipatory anxiety before i finally head in to deal with this. I have been rehearsing what im gonna say, I even considered writing an essay and bringing that in.
Well i guess wish me luck

Danfalc

Banned
Can you get advise from anyone? And are you going to be representing yourself or..?

Obviously it might be different In the UK, but if you miss one day of probation you are in breach of your court order and can be sent down again. It doesn't really matter if they did not contact you, as the court see's it as your job to get In touch with them. It might be worth bringing your anxiety up In court as that helped my case a lot and can be used as a genuine reason why you missed probation and your AA meetings?

But good luck, I don't think your a horrible person! But I hope you know what your doing if your going to fight this case. In a lot of court cases they will be lenient and understanding if you plead guilty, but you often get the book chucked at you if you drag it out and try to fight.

Hate to say this but you are gonna get locked up. It happened to me when I was 18/19. Had probation for a burglary (which I was innocent of). Same thing too, probation officer never got involved with me and then one day out of the blue wanted me to show up at his office. Thing was, he wanted me there in 15 mins which was impossible to even drive there. A the time I only had the bus which would of took over an hour. Guy was an *******. But anyway got a warrant and they got me.

There may be a tiny chance they give you a chance. But there's a big chance you will get locked up when you show up. Violating probation = automatic lock up. They may not be telling you this because they don't want to scare you and you run/hide from them.

Last edited:

Rembrandt Broam

Good luck, and I don't see how anyone could think you were a horrible person. It sounds like this is the very definition of a victimless crime, and yet I'm sure a lot of taxpayers money has been wasted prosecuting you over it.

Nice to know that society isn't run by complete morons, isn't it? :rolleyes: :mad: