This really sucks

strawberrybrunette

Okay - am majorly pissed about this. It used to be that my home was kind of like my sancturary - the one place i could forget about my anxiety and relax a bit. However, things have changed recently so now i don't even have that bit of mercy. Now i even feel anxious in my own home. The reason for this is that my mum's new boyfriend has moved in with us.

He's a dick! I actually hate his guts. My mum is really pretty and has a really warm personality - she could do loads better! Anyway, this guy has been living with us for a couple of months now, but it's really starting to get to me. We eat together at the dinner table, and i feel anxious then - i hate eating and drinking in public, by the way. I sometimes get nervous when he talks to me, like stuttering and blushing, and then he looks at me like i'm a complete freak! I feel like i have to creep around the house really quietly and keep quiet all the time. He's so loud and vulgar and in-your-face. God, i can't stand him!

I know there's nothing i can do about it. I've mentioned it to my mother once or twice, but we just end up yelling at each other. It's just something i have to live with, and i know that loads of other kids have to put up with parents partners who they hate, but my anxiety makes it worse. Hmm, isn't that always the case?

There's no easy solution so now i'm just bitching for the sake of it, but it feels better to finally have that off my chest.

Emily x

strawberrybrunette

No, he doesn't know. I haven't told many people about it - just my close family and a few friends. I wouldn't want to tell him - he's nothing more than a stranger to me, you know? Not that he'd understand if i told him anyway.

Emily x

recluse

I can imagine how hard it is for you, i mean i hate it when someone visits our house leave alone living in the same house.

ThatGuy

See it as a chance to help yourself. You clearly have SA really bad if you get nervous in your own home, so instead of avoiding him confront your fears because if it gets that bad you can always just go to your room.

You need to see this as an oppotunity to help yourself.