This life seems so pointless.

slicenrice

"While life ultimately has no purpose, we must create meaning in it to achieve true happiness"

You must dig deep into yourself and try to become content with your life. You must focus on the moment and try not to fixate on the negative. And suck pleasure out of life's simple pleasures, like the beauty of a starry night. Just try your best and hold on. We are all in this battle together!

CPA23

slicenrice said:
"While life ultimately has no purpose, we must create meaning in it to achieve true happiness"

You must dig deep into yourself and try to become content with your life. You must focus on the moment and try not to fixate on the negative. And suck pleasure out of life's simple pleasures, like the beauty of a starry night. Just try your best and hold on. We are all in this battle together!

This is very true. The one thing I try to tell myself is not to compare my life to someone else's. You never know what is going on with someone on the inside. They could be looking fine on the outside, but they could also be dealing with internal issues.

I'm struggling with SA, but I could be having it a lot worse and I just thank God for all the things that he has done for me. I truly believe He will give me the strength to conquer this!!

krs2snow

I'm not going to post too much on the bible seeing as I really know very little about it. The short end of my thoughts: I think truth resonates throughout eternity. And the bible has been around for many a year! This is not to say it is all factual or all it's stories are real, however, they carry within them the essence of truth. That's all I have...

Nicki, I swear I am not hunting you down but I just read this post and I had to reply to your earlier post!
Nic_ohyes said:
i got banned for my posts on a certain topic, because 2 people 100% disagreed with me, becuase my opinion wasnt the 'popular' one,even though i didnt start the abuse..i got banned!
Math is not your fortay! Are you serious? Two people? You had everyone angry with you because you were rude and out of line! Not because your ideas were sooo faux pas!! You seem to have changed your tone and taken a more relaxed approach though. I mean, even the most intelligent and insightful person in the world cannot connect with his audience if he does not know first how to deliver his message.

Hmm. **thoughtful moment** Kind of along the same lines of this thread...

Nic_ohyes

god sake i'm doing a degree. my tone has relaxed??? no im just talking on a normal topic. no i have not had some sort of awakening. i have always been the same. i was angery because i was getting called names because of my opinion, i'm doing a degree. i had privet messages from people saying well done to me, and they agree, but they didnt want to get the name calling i got, they didnt want to get openly involved, im sure fairy and cynical had privet messages to saying well done, from more people who didnt wanna get openly involved, which is fine!!

point is. i'm doing a degree. so again can you stop bring up shit ive said in earlier conversations and bringing them as some sort of arguement against me in new conversations. its happened twice now. i find you quite patronising with ur little final 'oh thats got me thinking of something' at the end. please enlighten us.

i'm doing a degree.

krs2snow

Why do you respond with such anger? Cripes! The thoughtful moment is referring to the last sentence which I think applies to the bible as well. And it's message. Which has reached billions of people. I happened to think it was ironic. I didn't say you had an awakening I said you seem to have changed your approach. (Obviously, not) I am not bringing up anything other than what you posted. If you have a problem with me pointing out discrepancies in your posts, I suggest you stop posting. I find you equally patronizing with your little "Point is" in every post. Please, tell us.

Nic_ohyes

lol point is.... i think ur fulla tripe, that was explained nice and simple me thinks. but thats just my opinion. you havnent even got to respond to that actualy ill do it for ya:

krs2snow says 'oh my nicola u sound very angery!!'

no.. im just having a cupa tea and a browse...might have a fag in minute.

might start a group called the angery club actualy.

1st rule of angery club....dont tell anyone about angery club.

2nd rule...dont get angery over the first rule of angery club.

angery club is a place where people can hurl abuse, get angery and laugh about it. no moral panics, or dilemas... or moral out cries. the only thing we wont tolerate is patronising behaviour aka 'be the better person' syndrome. where you chat shit, make people hurl abuse at you, and then say u dont blame the person for getting angery...they obviously have some sort of issue or some kind or another (because were all such understanding people).

sorry krs2snow im afriad at the preasent moment. you cannot apply for membership. loose ur rag a little bit and say what u really think. and i may make u vice president.

i'm doing a degree btw.

Fairy001

Oh Nikki, you are back again, spewing out your limited wisdom! Haahhahahah.

For your information, NO ONE congratulated me on any points we once argued about! It appears you ARE much more popular than I could ever imagine!

One question, why do you keep coming back when you have been banned, what is it, four times now?

Good luck with the job hunting, pets are very theraputic, I am sure if you like pets it would be a much more rewarding job than sitting in an office all day for example. I once did some voluntary work for the "Cats Protection", it was very rewarding, meow!

krs2snow

Doing a degree said:
...krs2snow says 'oh my nicola u sound very angery!!'

no.. im just having a cupa tea and a browse...might have a fag in minute.

might start a group called the angery club actualy.

1st rule of angery club....dont tell anyone about angery club.

2nd rule...dont get angery over the wha wha wha wha wha whaaa...(on and on she droned)

Haha! If you can't beat 'em with brilliance, baffle 'em with bullshit, eh?

Fairy001

Personally, if I got banned I would reflect VERY seriously on my actions. However, you belong to an "elite" group of people who believe they are ALWAYS justified to be offensive. Good luck to you!

Just as you could not recognise irony, sarcasm is equally wasted on you, oh popular one!

Bitchiness aside, what is your new job? I am glad you have found a new one and are happier.

Peace. xxx

TopHat

To summarize the "meaning of life" essay posted earlier: The meaning of life is religion. Which, in my opinion, is bull crap.

Life is meaningless. But that doesn't mean you should give up. It just means you should just stop searching for a higher meaning, and live your life in a way that makes you happy. If religion makes you happy, then so be it, but it's definitely not the meaning of life and Christianity is not the path to happiness (for everyone. It works for some small minded people).

Doomed2Die

The popular belief is not always the right one TopHat. Besides, everybody has (should have) their chance to exercise free will, it is what makes humanity so special after all.

Anyway. The truth is simply the truth, if you know something well enough to the point that...

Lets say you had a firm and realistic belief in that the earth was spherical in shape, and yet the common majority belived in it being flat. Lets also say, you travel alot and have been around the earth several times already, now if someone was to ask at that point "What if you are wrong?" what would you say back?

Can you lie to your own eyes? Is there even any room for doubt? For the count, no there is not, at least for myself. To lie or even consider the alternatives is to consider the earth to be made of cheese and/or the clouds material dreams that people exhale while sleeping. It's too far from the truth.

More and more people are becoming Atheists and without religion, yes. But it is written to be so in the very book they deny quite a many years back...