This is the make it or break it...

Iseesky

Things are taking a turn in my life...Hopefully for the better!
But, it really depends on how I take it.

I'm in the process of applying to a classroom assistant program. In the mean time, I'm going back to school in January to take a couple courses (because I want to eventually become a teacher) after taking a semester off. And while doing that, I'll probably volunteer in my cousin's classroom.

I also recently got my license after delaying it for years. I'm 20 and can finally drive by myself without my parents. I'm quite a good driver if I do say so myself. :p But, because of that, I'm a lot more independent and that FREAKS ME OUT! I hate doing things by myself...Hate it. I always need someone with me (whether it be in a store or at the mall or at school) to feel comfortable. But, this week (and probably every week from now on), I'm sort of being forced to go out and go into town by myself to get things that I need. I'm tempted to just stay home and not go out at all, but I need to and I feel like I can't avoid things anymore. So, this week will be a really long CBT session.

But, just a few weeks ago, when I didn't have my license...I had absolutely no anxiety whatsoever and thought that I'm getting so much better. Now I'm dreading waking up tomorrow because I know I have to go in multiple stores by myself and talk to various sales people! Not to mention that I live in a small town and everyone knows everyone and I'll have to make small talk with people that I couldn't care less about and that couldn't care less about me. :|

Anyway, just an update on my situation...Not like anyone cares, but maybe someone has something they can relate to. idk. :p

AGR

I think you will get used to it,I also dreaded to go out alone,afraid of acidents and stuff,but one of the coolest thing is to go drive by yourself at night,the road is all yours!
One thing I will probably never be used to is driving while a lot of people watch and are inside the vehicle,which I have to do now because its part of my job........

MikeyC

Getting your drivers licence is awesome for independence. It's one of the best things I ever did to help me become more of my own person and not having to rely on others.

It's good that you're doing all those things! You've really got your life in order and I'm very happy for you! :)

Don't worry about doing things on your own. Pretty soon you'll master the art of "small talk" and realise that it takes about 15 seconds and then it's over. I love doing things on my own without anyone else with me - particularly shopping - so hopefully you'll relish it, too.

Good luck! :)

Iseesky

Thanks!

I do love driving at night!

Yeah, you're probably right. I've had to run a few errands and I'm getting used to it alread. :)