Think this could help?

DemonDayz

My SP/SAD has been pretty severe lately, I had my first panic attack the other day at school since I've self diagnosed myself and just left~ I had to get out of there... (Probably not a smart move, but oh well). Anways I've been feeling pretty nervous lately, no reason in paticular that I can tell, and was thinking about going to chill in death valley (cool scenic area about 20 min from my house) and just be alone with nature o_O (that sounded weird...) rather then just sit in my room. Maybe take some pics (as I like to~ small hobby of mine is photography)... Then after the weekend is over come back to my family and school and possibly feel better~ clear my head a bit.

Has anyone else just gone out in the middle of nowhere or away from a town/city for a while to chill out? Do you think this could help? thx~

Richey

Thats a great idea, changing your scenary and environment can make you feel better for a small window of time. Your into photography so thats something for you to explore and be excited about.

One time i drove all the way down to this beach and just walked around the beach for a few hours and went for a surf, its very calming and it helps alot.

foxtrot

I live out in the middle of a big city, so that kind of opportunity doesnt come up that often... but yeah it sounds like a good idea. A nice, relaxing change in atmosphere.

DemonDayz

Wish I lived near a beach :S even a cold one would be awesome~
Yeah I'm going to talk to my parents about it, I don't think they'll care. I just picture my care overheating or me getting stuck by myself some how lol, but I think it will be good for me to chill out~

sutiono

I believe it will help. BTW, you don't have to go to far places to find a quiet spot. Like me, for example, I love going to restroom during my statistics class because I can walk through the green grass under the bright sun while everyone is in the class. It is so quiet and peaceful, really makes your mind much clearer and happier. Another example would be a local park. I started running this week after months of layoff due to injury and missed it really much. I always ran with the whole team of about 80 people (school's cross country team) but this week I ran mostly alone or with my dad(cause cross country season is over). It was a different and most wonderful experience since you're not pressured to run fast. I really enjoyed it, not to mention getting more in shape. O yea and I read from somewhere that exercising regularly gives almost the same benefit as taking medications. Good luck.