There is no specific cure for SA

NothingElseMatters

I wish sometimes there was a step by step program to overcome it.But how can there be one?Everyone is different.Everyone has a different level of anxiety,a different life,different experiences,different thoughts,environment,friends,family,history,appearence etc etc.

Does this mean there isn't any hope???I don't think so_Only when someone totally gives up!I think anyone has a chance to overcome anxiety and live a normal life and that is by trying and failing and learning and the same again and again.

Sure there are moments of depression and desperation and one has to get self destructive and feel like s***,suicidal ,guilty,miserable and cry or break things to get it out of his system.But anyone who has felt like this knows that you can't get any lower than this-emotional death- in life and the only thing left is to take small steps to get up

just a random thought

BlackKids

I'd have to agree with you. Overcoming anxiety is different for every single person even if there are similarities. I've been getting better lately and I've just been taking it step by step

Moonchild

Everyone is different, this is true. But I think there is a common beginning for us all. To love and accept ourselves. The steps each and every one of us will have to take afetrwards will be different but this doesn't mean they will not lead to sucess. So I think you are right... this does not have to discourage us. Afetr all, as you said.. step by step... we'll get up. Little failures are only ment to make us stronger. And wiser.We'll make it.Little by little, step by step...

zlench

I don't believe that I will ever truely over come SA. But I want to make improvements in my life so each day I wanna be more relaxed and not worry about anything.

cosmosis

I know I was born just too reactive to live a carefree 'normal' life. There are many things we can do it minimize the damage and accept the situation though.

I like to think its not always a malfunction, but that I was born and designed for a completely different environment. I'm slowly wilting and dying from this hostile environment, but given the right circumstances, I feel like I could possibly flourish.