Therapy Commencement

FunwithPineTrees

So my therapy with a counselor started on Wednesday. It was not really helpful. Does talk therapy help anyone because i am not very optimistic.

But whatever. IT is like hard to talk to him about my problems, and stuffz.

chris87

FunwithPineTrees said:
But whatever. IT is like hard to talk to him about my problems, and stuffz.

Try your best to talk about your problems. You won't be judged if that's what makes you apprehensive. You will feel so much better. They are getting paid to listen to you, so make the time worth your money.

Livingwithoutlivin

I get you. I started therapy recently at school too. The first appointment, I was kind of vague and made no eye contact, I could not express what I wanted to clearly. I made it seem like if my main problem was depression, when it was really more about anxiety. But I made this understood better on my second appointment. I told my cousnelor about my eye contact problem and how I"m afraid to make others nervous with my nervousness. Well, I felt alright from the second appointment, although I still made no eye contact, but she tried to get me to. She let me know that this problem I have is learned and that I need to relearn how to be social and calm, and not anxious.

I had a therapist for a few months that I felt like that with...I felt shy when talking to her, embarrassed about my problems and the extent of my anxiety...she was hard to talk to, so I ended up not telling her everything and she didn't try to get my to talk either. So she ended up making me worse rather than better and when I think back now i get MAD that she was so rubbish!
Eventually I copped on and got a new therapist and she is sooooo much better. If it doesn't get easier to talk to your therapist soon i'd recommend finding someone else.
Hope that helps!