the way i am drunk is like "normal" people sober..

xtina_fan81

anyone else realize this? drunk me is relaxed, out-there, can talk to pretty much anyone..but not OTT. just my behavior then ive noticed is like how everyone else is when they havent even had one drink. sometimes i think as well that if i suddenly started acting like they do on a daily basis...people would think i was drunk or on drugs..even though its normal behavior for everyone else..it would SEEM so out of character for me. of course the drunk me is simply the REAL me..its just a shame i have to have so many drinks before i become that and out of my shell. :rolleyes:

EscapeArtist

I think I get kinda annoying when I drink... It's not really the real me because i'm so excited that I can speak that I over-speak. It's overshooting the real me. i'm somewhere in the middle there.
Weelll, then again I've only dranken thrice. I'm allergic to most alcohol =[

bigrob

Yes. The problem is it takes so much alcohol for me to talk that when I reach that point I can no longer coherently talk!!!

Interesting side note slightly off topic..... I saw a documentary the other day about marijuana and the effects people want, I decided I'm natuarally stoned!!!

Actually led me to wonder if there is a such thing as a hyper or hypo cannabinoid related condition that leads to metal related issues. I mean if dopamine or serotonin can, why not cannabinoids?

lonely_drummer

yeah, thats basically why i rarely drink now. It turns me into that outgoing "normal" person, but my outgoing personality is so unfamiliar to me that I don't feel like myself at all. Plus it turns me into a stumbling idiot. I feel that getting drunk to the point that Im not myself anymore is a blow to my self respect.

Lost Girl

Yeah, sure. I'm relaxed and talkative to just about anyone, and can be completely myself when I've had a couple of drinks. Drinking isn't a solution though, obviously.

Marletta

Yeah, sure. I'm relaxed and talkative to just about anyone, and can be completely myself when I've had a couple of drinks. Drinking isn't a solution though, obviously.

Yep, that is me too. I wish I could be that person when I am sober. How do we become that person without booze?! It is said that when we consume alcohol we lose our inhibitions, is that what it is?

I got so drunk once that I became very ill. Now, I do not drink anymore.

mrb

ahhh the good old drink :) now funny as it may seen im a lot more social when i dont drink , who ever invented booze needs shooting , if i had a quid for evrey time iv made an asse out of my self through drink id be a millionare ... iv cut my drinking down to just fri nights now , it sometimes makes me sentimental , or quite happy , or just plain depressed , if im depressed before i start drinking it makes me ten times worse , but im never violent or aggressive on drink , but if you rely on drink to make you more social , long term it will start working the other way , im starting to sound like an alcoholic here :eek: so i think ill just shut up :cool: :D

Moonie

Drinking can be tricky. If you have just the right amount, the world can seem great, you can seem "normal." If you have a drink too many, you can become a real jackass. Trust me, I know. I started to drink alot in college and many times I just went overboard. It can easily happen. You think you have found something to help you, but then it can get out of control too easily. You will need more and more to feel the effect. I had an overnight stay at a hospital, went to an interview drunk, drove drunk, almost got a DUI, and slept with losers while under the influence of alcohol. Now that I am 27, I really don't want it as much as I used to. I have gained some more confidence without it, even though I am not 100% what I'd like to be. I just got tired of it.

I will admit, I wish there was some sort of (safe) prescription drug that made you experience the wonderful feeling of a buzz. A buzz with sound mind, but total warmth and ease and confidence. That would be great.