the untold story of psychotropic drugging

tenuous~hold

i somehow ended up getting this dvd (Making a Killing - The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging) free a couple years back, yet didn't seem to have the time to watch it until now (actually, i got interrupted halfway through).

if anyone's cynical about all the drugs being prescribed out there, you might want to watch this online version.

i always ALWAYS questioned the whole "chemical imbalance" nonsense - i think most of us know why we feel the way we do, & it's usually related to past experiences (& not to mention genes which give you a tendency to be a certain way).

MAKING A KILLING - Full Video

Etbow23

Hey, i dont want to watch the movie because itll prbly anger me... But i definitely agree w you. I refuse to take drugs or go to a psychiatrist. It is all lies. Wen i was at the hospital i wadnt allowed to leave unless i took whatever tgey told me to....without discussing side effects or anything. The third time after a week i felt worse than ever...a walking zombie, duzzy, sick. I disagree w it. Thanks for posting......this is close to my heart

SilentBird

Thanks also from me for posting. There are some real horror stories about the effects of these drugs. I have had unpleasant experiences on some myself.

tenuous~hold

yeah, i've never liked the whole drug thing either. i've seen friend after friend be put on such strange cocktails of meds, the whole while having them not seem to work after a short time. why do they even stay on them, when they obviously don't do the trick?

SilentBird

I've have just watched Louis Theroux - America's Medicated Kids. Theroux is a brilliant interviewer in the way that he presents arguments in such an impartial manner.

I felt the documentary was frightening and sad. It makes me wonder what society and parents are doing to their children, not only by medicating them but by giving them psychiatric labels.

It made me think of the difficulties I had when I was younger. I was not put on psychoactive medication until I was 23. Had I been born later in this world it is likely I would have been a candidate for such drugs. I am relieved that I wasn't put through such treatment.

MollyBeGood

I agree that there are better ways than drugs for every problem. I was a depressed teenager and young adult crippled with social anxiety and the like but I never once considered ending it all until I received my first round of Paxil then I stopped it, then tried a few more class pills and I was from then on wanting to kill myself off and on and I have to say those pills really did a number on me. I think it's bs that it only makes children and young adults suicidal-it can make anyone that way! Big Pharm is just making a killing off this stuff and they could care less about the long term effects on people.. I am so pissed when I think about it. And shrinks all push those on people now like they are vitamins. Not to mention your family docs. Kids as young as 5 being doped up. Yeah I saw that documentary. It's shameful.

peanutsmum

I'm glad to see someone post on this.. What I don't understand is, these drugs never help anyone..ever. they give false hope and maybe a brief temporary relief.. But they are never a solution and destroy lives.

they killed a friend of mine and she was a young mother of two small boys.

MollyBeGood

I'm glad to see someone post on this.. What I don't understand is, these drugs never help anyone..ever. they give false hope and maybe a brief temporary relief.. But they are never a solution and destroy lives.

they killed a friend of mine and she was a young mother of two small boys.

awe I am so sorry to hear that, peanutsmum, *Hugs*

D

deleted #89

i somehow ended up getting this dvd (Making a Killing - The Untold Story of Psychotropic Drugging) free a couple years back, yet didn't seem to have the time to watch it until now (actually, i got interrupted halfway through).

if anyone's cynical about all the drugs being prescribed out there, you might want to watch this online version.

i always ALWAYS questioned the whole "chemical imbalance" nonsense - i think most of us know why we feel the way we do, & it's usually related to past experiences (& not to mention genes which give you a tendency to be a certain way).

MAKING A KILLING - Full Video

Chemical imbalance has NEVER been proved and people still think its real.