"The Process" we are on...

Hottie

Hey peeps :)

So if you read my last post you will know that i have been making improvments in my life. If you would like to read it here it is: http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/where-im-at-and-maybe-this-can-help-you-33662/ There are a few tip in there that might help you...

Well, im keeping going. Not much changes to come and let yous' know about. But I did hit a really really bad depression and i couldnt understand why when things were going so good did the good have to end - out of the blue. I tried to fight the depression but it only made me worse. So i let it run its course. When the course was over and i could feel myself coming round, i made sure i set my daily goals back and i set them small so that i had something to aim for. It wasnt easy at all getting going again but i was gentle with myself and soon i was back in full swing!

Thats the thing, we fall. What important is we get back up and keep going. I fell so hard the i became a danger (it happens sometimes), but i swallowed my pride and got in contact with someone and they helped my thru the state of mind i was in. So im still here and im here to share my new outlook i have on things. It kinda difficult to explain, but once you get it, you've got it and it really helps to bring you back to the mission we are all on.

Now im gona stop rambeling on and share my new knowledge and perspective :)

Someone (who helped me thru my helpless state of mind) said to me recently about "the process". I think we all get cought up in wanting the final outcome so much that we lose a sence of the process.

The final outcome we want is to over-come our problems, wether it be anxiety, depression, or whatever else people are facing, we get caught up in desperaterly wanting rid. Unfortunantly there is no quick-fix to end these MH issues. There can be managed to a level we can be satidfied with. It takes time, sometimes ALOOOT of time.

If we get caught up in the final out-come then the process means nothing.

If we foucs on the process, this is all the things we are doing to get to the final out-come, then the final out-come will eventully come. Think of it as a race. You want to get to the finish line. To get to the finish line you have to run the race. So let yourself be allowed to run the race and the outcome will come.

The process involves all the little steps we take in order to get where we want. The techniques we practise; the discovery of what suits us or doesnt suit. The goals we have and the set up/plan we use to reach them. The moods we get in, how we deal with them or how we dont. The feelings we feel, whats makes us feel better or worse. Those are just some examples of how we can learn to look at the process. Okay, a simpler example would be getting a qualification. The process involves you getting up everyday, going to college/school, learning the material in class and if you want to reach the final outcome, which is the qualification, you must follow the process!

For me personally, now, the process is what im going thru. The final destination is there. Wether i actully get there or not, im not dwelling on that anymore...becoause theres no point, i have to follow the process.

What im after typing mightnt make sence, well it makes sence in my head!!!

Seriously, this new "process" awakening for me has opened my eyes. It has allowed me to see that im in a process of change. I cant expect the change to happen over-night, coz its not gonna (would love that tho!). So we have to become fully aware of the "process" of change. I've become intrested in it, i am now processing the the process!!!

Hope some of that makes sence! If anyone has any views or is enlighted with the "process" already, please share...coz i dunno if im losing the plot these days :p

Deus_Ex_Lemur

People should focus on the process, not the "results" as you said. Ive found this out too. For the results are as you said, it takes time and effort. The process involves ups and downs, learning how to deal with the downs is one of the hardest things in the process. Within the downs the results seem destroyed, we all can relate there, like no progress has been made when it has.

Through this process we gotta build a strong foundation so when the down times of war come to beseige us, we are prepared to defend and hold up against it. Those enemies will not last forever. Life goes in cycles. EVERYONE goes through this. I know building those "defenses" to deal with the bad times is hard it takes time it's part of the process.

I'm glad you're continuing on your process Hottie. =) Thanks for this post it's very good and makes sense!