the perfects

Elulla

just a thought i have decided that people that don't understand or have any idea what its like to have any sort of issues are or should be called 'the perfects', because they don't know what its like to have any sort of condition no matter how small. i would like to ask the question, what do other people think, that if any of these 'perfects' were to walk in any of our shoes what do you think they would make of the world? would they see things the way we see them or would they still seem them from their eyes? would it make them see things as we do or would they still see them as they do? I'm curious to know what others think.
To quote form a song that made me think of this 'see the other side, stepping stones away from the limelight' how would they deal, what would they do, what would they think, what are peoples thoughts.

Entangled

There is no person on this earth who does not have some kind of issue in their life. There is no such thing as 'perfect'

But your post also got me thinking. What if a person who considers themself to have a lot of issues/problems, switches with someone that they view to be perfect whom they assume does not have any problems in life.

MikeyC

I know the type of person you're talking about, but trust me when I say that not even these so-called "perfects" are immune to tragedy. Eventually they have to go through some sort of adversity, some of which will make them fall into depression.

I have met some of these "perfect" people in the past, and know some now - people whose lives are so structured and privileged that they can't imagine someone having a mental illness. However, you may find that some of them can be empathetic. Not all, but some.

Livemylife

Yeah I think if they were forced to not be perfect they would see things differently. I guess they would either adapt or go crazy. People in general can only see things from their own perspective. I think too much emphasis is placed on empathy and "walking a mile in someone else's shoes." Those "perfect" people have the luxury of not worrying about problems that others face. I mean, there are tons of problems I don't have to face that I don't think about everyday. Like what if I didn't have legs or something, I'd have a whole host of problems. On Downton Abbey the "upstairs" aristocrats don't have to worry about laundry and such but if they were broke of course they'd worry about it otherwise all their clothes would smell.