The longing to give love and to care - moreso than receiving it

tooshytosay

I don't really care if no-one loves me.
I don't really care if no-one cares about me.

To me anyway, I've learned to cope with not receiving love, care, or concern. That has been the story of my life and I have learnt to deal with it.

The more difficult part to me is:

It hurts not being able to give love to anyone
It hurts having no one to care about.

Yeah. To me loneliness is not about being not loved, but having no one to love. It's about having no one to care about, rather than having no one that cares about you.

To me, SA hurts because it gets in your way of being able to give love. Because - in the real world, with real people, in order to give love and care about people, you need to be a social being. SA just makes that so hard. It's like, in my heart I have this really, really deep longing to reach out to people, to have people to love and to care about. But I just can't carry it out in reality, because there's this big boulder in my path called SA.

I donno, but from my experiences so far anyway I feel that the human need to give love is far greater than the need to receive love.

Aussie_Lad

You don't have to show love to feel love. Love is accepting someone or something regardless of their flaws. Find something to appreciate about a person / animal / plant or anything else, and just hold onto that thought. You don't have to tell them or do anything, for as long as you find this appreciation then love will naturally flow through and out from you. Anyone has the power to give love, and in time, you will also receive the love back for the universe repays all debts.

zav943

That was very thoughtful.
Why don't you go out and volunteer to help homeless people / at an animal shelter?
I just recently watched a documentary about people who volunteer an ocean animal rescue clinic :)

SilverFire

I don't really care if no-one loves me.
I don't really care if no-one cares about me.

To me anyway, I've learned to cope with not receiving love, care, or concern. That has been the story of my life and I have learnt to deal with it.

The more difficult part to me is:

It hurts not being able to give love to anyone
It hurts having no one to care about.

Yeah. To me loneliness is not about being not loved, but having no one to love. It's about having no one to care about, rather than having no one that cares about you.

To me, SA hurts because it gets in your way of being able to give love. Because - in the real world, with real people, in order to give love and care about people, you need to be a social being. SA just makes that so hard. It's like, in my heart I have this really, really deep longing to reach out to people, to have people to love and to care about. But I just can't carry it out in reality, because there's this big boulder in my path called SA.

I donno, but from my experiences so far anyway I feel that the human need to give love is far greater than the need to receive love.

You are totally right. I feel the same way -- like I have infinite arms to wrap around people in totally spiritual kind of way, but the SA dries the words in my throat, freezes my lips shut, and makes my brain scrambled.