The Grass is Greener! (Come Hither!)

RedRibbons

...And that's what I have to say about that.

So! What's your point of view? Share it.. And perhaps someone with another point of view might be able to take you on a tour through their pasture.

My Grass:

Having sex when the person doesn't mean much to you, and your reasons aren't well founded, sucks.

In my pasture, it's stupid to have sex when you don't really care or know the person well, because it doesn't change anything, other than the fact that you had sex, and that might be all well and nice physically but... It does have the potential to destroy you more emotionally, and being emotionally fracked, sucks.

When I had stupid sex, I ended up feeling very emotionally hurt and disgusted with myself. I got depressed feelings, and anxiety. I felt like a whore. And I still carry the burden of that emotional damage to this day.

You might think you're resolving some big issue, but you're not, if anything you will keep yearning for that satisfaction you thought you would get - that you didn't get, and make your issue worse. At least that's how it worked for me.

If you don't require deep meaningful relationships, go ahead and have all the wild and crazy sex your little heart can desire.. IF all you want is some physical satisfaction/intimacy.

My Advice:

Honestly, save yourself for someone that you care for and that cares for you, if that's what you REALLY want. Someone who you know and that knows you.

From my point of view, people who haven't had sex, or those who have had meaningful sex tend to be more focused on things that are not SEX. And this is good. They are more pure. They are not picking up every hint of sexual innuendo that there is.. Basically their minds are more clean and nice.

Last edited:

WelshOne

Good post!

I agree completely. I'm in no rush to lose my virginity. There is no appeal to me in having a one night stand, and the idea of having my first time with someone I care for very much makes a lot more sense, in my opinion. The only problem with that is if the person in question doesn't appreaciate that I've waited... but then, I guess they aren't the right person for me, anyway.

In an ideal world, the person I lose my virginity to would be the person I spend the rest of my life with.

P+G

I was thinking something like this the other day. It seems like it's very easy to have sex with someone. There are so many men and women who are more than happy to sleep with whoever whenever. I'm glad that I haven't done anything yet, and whether it's because of my social phobia or something else, I'm really glad.

Noca

Banned
I have had meaningful and meaningless sex, it has only helped in that Im not 23, a virgin, and feeling bad about myself. I have since lost most of my sex drive to meds and its not really a priority anymore.

RedRibbons

Noca, did you feel differently between the two different sorts of intimacy?

Also: We can talk about other grasses too. :) And no, I don't mean "GRASS" lol.. Well I mean we could talk about that grass too.. Cause I'm sure people have a thing or two to share about THAT experience, or lack there of! :)

Noca

Banned
Noca, did you feel differently between the two different sorts of intimacy?

No real difference overall, the only reason any of my sex was better than others is because I found one partner to be more attractive than another(past or future).

RedRibbons

Oh hmm. Were the more attractive people the ones who you tended to have more meaningful sex with? Or was it really just random?

Noca

Banned
Oh hmm. Were the more attractive people the ones who you tended to have more meaningful sex with? Or was it really just random?

It had no corelation between meaningful sex and if they were attractive or not, but the attractive ones made for better, sex in general.

FOR REAL

Banned
this is probably completely off the subject, but if i had the choice of a lifetime of dodgy sexual relationships or a relationship with a girl that i loved and she loved me without sex, i would choose the later.

there seems to be this need to have sex all the time with lots of different people, i dont understand that. when i was a bit younger it was different, it was like some kind of competition! it was just part of growing up i suppose.
if i can relax in company with a girl and feel there was no added pressure and she felt the same, that would be great.

and thats me being serious for a change!