The difference?

Marc7

What is the difference between Avpd and Sad? Because i think i have Avpd because my social anxiety seems very severe and plus i have a monotone and slow voice. Idk....

Sacrament

Having social anxiety disorder doesn't necessarily mean you're avoidant, it just means you're socially anxious. People with Avpd display social inhibition, feelings of inadequacy, extreme sensitivity to negative evaluation, and avoidance of social interactions. They probably go hand in hand, but people always have to come up with all sorts of names for all sorts of similar things. If you go here, you'll notice how some of those symptoms aren't really a given when it comes to social anxiety, although they're often found in people with social anxiety because they apply as reasons for having social anxiety.

Marc7

Having social anxiety disorder doesn't necessarily mean you're avoidant, it just means you're socially anxious. People with Avpd display social inhibition, feelings of inadequacy, extreme sensitivity to negative evaluation, and avoidance of social interactions. They probably go hand in hand, but people always have to come up with all sorts of names for all sorts of similar things. If you go here, you'll notice how some of those symptoms aren't really a given when it comes to social anxiety, although they're often found in people with social anxiety because they apply as reasons for having social anxiety.

I think I have it then because I avoid social situations because I don't know what to say and I have a inferiority complex to certain people and things I hear. Idk if negative evaluations of me I am sensitive to but it hurts and I feel like I am inferior to that person until use reverse thinking.