The Dare Thread!

LilMissTragic

Ohhh go on worrydoll hunny bunny, just ask someone the time. I bet ya could do it if ya really tried hard enough, I would come and hold ya hand but its a bloody long walk.

Fredscars

i couldnt do the stranger in the street thing!

but i do have a few things im really proud of :oops:

generally im horrifically shy, but i have a few...what my mates call 'hyper' moments..where i forget everything..and just ..go
there was a guy i had fancied for literally ages. but i didnt have the confidence to even smile at him..
then one times down the drive at school..i ran up and kissed him on the cheek 8O

we talked over phone for ages..and after two years i got the confidence to ask him out..admitedly for the first month our conversations consisted of me answering with 'yes' or 'no' but weve been going strong for 6 months :D and im really confident with him now.

and the second thing

he has loads of yr 12 mates who are 2 years older then me. I knew it meant loads to him if i was to become mates with them aswell, but he wasnt trying to push me. So with the help of one of the guys which i talk to over the net i managed to go up to them as a group and smile, and say hi and hug one of the guys without any kind of repercutions later.
My bf was so happy and proud of me, and so am i :D

its such a little thing
but for me it meant so much :oops:

tommydog

BUMP

I like this thread. we should have a new challenge up regulary, maybe on a weekly basis. I dont feel im qualified to take the initiative ... as i am relatively new here and i dont know what level you all are at as well as some.

So, cmon then .. someone qualified.. lets hear it. This weeks challenge is ...

IcanDoIt

setting a goal is important, for serious..

i set a goal for myself at my workplace..

that is, to talk and smile to all the girls that come at my bar..

and i did..

wonderful achievement..

black_mamba

Maybe it won't work for everyone, but if it instigates the start of something good in just a few people (or even just one) why not try?

It takes the sting out of simple tasks like phoning people, but you've pretty much got to do it regularly for the anxiety to stay away.

black_mamba

Yoooo hooo LilMissTragic where are you?

Next Dare: When out, that is if you go out...Stop a stranger in the street and ask for the time.

I can already do this one so I decided to stop a stranger and ask her where she got her boots. We had a kinda nice little chat about it as it made her happy that someone had noticed and complimented her in some way. Even though I felt a little anxious and got pretty shaky I kinda enjoyed it. It made me feel good making someone else feel good.

Right, this is my limit right here. I could force myself to phone someone or ask for the time, but asking where someone got her boots?

For some reason I don't want to appear too nosy by asking this. I am a bit scared, but for that reason I will try and do this dare sometime soon. Gonna be a bit hard lying because I tend to hate what all the girls wear. :twisted:

black_mamba

Couldn't do it, but instead came home and phoned the bank requesting a new PIN number. Something silly that I've been putting off for months!

Mini-Yay. :)

maggie

cool 8) black_mamba....i had to do that too, cause i lost my bank card.....then i had to go into the bank and put the new pin # on the card.....yikes 8O

TheLioness9345

I thtink this whole dare thread is pretty cool...

but... I think you should start off with something smaller (if possible)... Calling is not my strong point (neither are dares).... I got pretty scared just thinking about picking up the phone. And that doesn't really make any sense because it's not like I'm ever going to talk to this person again.