Thank You Cards

Ads7800

Um, I'm unsure about something.

I've been attending college for the last six months and we are completing the first semester next week. I feel that this group of people has been very kind and understanding towards my avoidant behaviour, with four people in particular really going out of their way to say hello to me on a regular basis.

I sometimes feel I don't deserve their kindness, but I have been given some hope of regaining my trust in people as a result.

I was thinking I might give them Thank You cards containing a quote from Socrates that reads: "Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down."

Is this corny, odd, creepy, weird? I kind of want to let them know that I felt a connection even though I barely talked to them.

Would you be happy to get a card like that from someone who barely talked to you or would you find it weird?

I'd really appreciate some advice on this, it would be quite a significant step in making a connection, but it's also very scary!

laure15

Is this corny, odd, creepy, weird? I kind of want to let them know that I felt a connection even though I barely talked to them.

I think sending this card to the 4 people you're closest to is alright but not sure if you should send it to other people you're not close to. Some strangers might find it weird because you barely know them. It's like smiling at a random stranger who becomes confused and asks "why is this person smiling at me?" Plus I don't recommend telling people you have avpd or SA unless you're sure they won't judge you.