telling new people about your anxiety

Closeout

I met this guy online and he doesn't live too far away from me. We've exchanged emails a few times and I decided to go ahead and tell him about my anxiety. I've had experiences in the past where I've constantly made up excuses for not going anywhere with people, which has always come back to haunt me, so I wanted to do things different.
I just sent the email this afternoon and I haven't heard anything back yet. He did tell me that he planned on going out to dinner with his boss, so maybe he's just busy. I have a tendency to worry, worry, worry and constantly check my email. I have his phone number but I don't want to come off as weird, since he hasn't called me yet. This guy just seems perfect for me and I really don't want him to give up on me, just because of this damned anxiety. I guess he would be a jerk if he didn't respond because I am being open and honest, and I think I at least deserve a "sorry but...".
Has anyone else been through the same situation? Any advice?

Awkward Annie

I don't really tell people about my anxiety, it's pretty self-explanatory! The only people I've spoken about it to are my close family, my ex and my current partner.

I wouldn't worry about it too much but I will stress how important it is to be careful when meeting up with someone you meet online!

Mokkat

Haha, wth is with the fear of flying? :D

Hm maybe you let him know about your anxiety too soon? Meeting someone over the internet easily gets superficial, in my oppinion. 'Open and honest' after a few mails, might seem wierd to him.
Don't get too eager and start spamming him. If he doesn't reply at all, don't lose any sleep over it, he isn't a decent person if he doesn't.

Don' worry too much about it, at least you reached out to someone, many people inhere would have trouble just writing to someone online, myself included ::(: