Sydney meetup

blinkybill

Hello
For those who don’t know there is a semi-regular Sydney meetup which is happening at the moment.
We’re currently trying to organize something for next Saturday. If anybody is interested then I’ll post more details as we work them out.
:)

bennos

gday blinkybill,

i just saw this thread you started. actually, i haven't been on this website for a while but came back to read stuff today.

how did the meetup go? i suppose it is pretty difficult for a meetup with people who have SA.

blinkybill

Hey bennos,
The meetup didn't go ahead, but I'm sure there will be something arranged in the near future. There is also a meetup group on meetup.com - see The Social Anxiety Network (Sydney) - Meetup. I'll post in this thread when we manage to organise something.

Yeah, I can say that personally it is difficult for me to go along to the meetups, and I know that it is a common issue for others. But since people are friendly and non-judgemental it makes it easier and each time it gets easier as well.

Anton45

I'm still on holiday overseas at the moment but when we get back next week I am going to do my best to organise a meetup for those out in Sydney's west. I actually wouldn't mind hosting one if we can get a group together thats interested. Maybe bbq, relaxed meetup for some of us.

ForthDimension

I'm still on holiday overseas at the moment but when we get back next week I am going to do my best to organise a meetup for those out in Sydney's west. I actually wouldn't mind hosting one if we can get a group together thats interested. Maybe bbq, relaxed meetup for some of us.

Did someone say BBQ? Set a date and im there.

Anton45

Did someone say BBQ? Set a date and im there.

Yup,
My family is in the Glenmore Park/Penrith area and I would like to host a small group of people with SA and see how it goes. Just about to board the plane to Sydney now so I will post again tonight or tomorrow. :)

Off The Wall

I haven't been on here in ages! and i was hoping i'd find a meet up on here! I'd be interested in any sort of meet up if it happens.. let me know!

wouldn't say i'm recovered but im a million times better than i once was and feel alittle more at ease about meeting others.

Anton45

I haven't been on here in ages! and i was hoping i'd find a meet up on here! I'd be interested in any sort of meet up if it happens.. let me know!

wouldn't say i'm recovered but im a million times better than i once was and feel alittle more at ease about meeting others.

Something tells me I will never be a hundred percent but I know with the passing of years I have made big improvements(although unfortunately not at work). Anyway the reason I want to hold a meet up is to be a part of brightening up the lives of people finding it really hard to get out and socialize and also meet others with Social Anxiety(whether they are really bad with their Social Phobia or not).That`s 3 people who are keen so far,a few more would be good don`t you guys think?
So far we have Fourth Dimension, Off The Wall, and myself Anton45 anymore interested? BBQ offer still stands :)

Last edited:

Anton45

I might be keen to join. I live near Cronulla but would be happy to drive to where the meet up is.

Ok good for you ! I also have one or two interested from a tech forum site. I will start sending PM's to everyone and see which days are free for everyone and see how we go. :)