• Randomly

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Only socially/when stressed

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Only at certain times of the day

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

SaintChains

How do you sweat? Is it at consistent times? Is it seemingly (or actually) random? Is it non-stop? Is it only during social situations?

I ask this question because I find it difficult to decide whether or not I need to take treatment for my hh. Most of the time I am okay, comfortable enough to make it through my day. But when it comes to social situations, my armpits, umm, wake up and start weeping like a baby.

The questions becomes, should I treat everyday, or only in preparation for social outings, which I cannot always foresee?

margiehope

I have cranio-facial HH. It is usually more tied to temperature and humidity than to social situations. Even at home, (where I don't usually bother with meds), I can end up sweating doing housework, going downstairs (cooler but humid), even handwashing dishes.

It's different for everyone

Last edited:

HH

If I know before hand that I might sweat (i.e. interview, speech, talk in front of many people, intense social occasion) then I stick sweat pads onto a tight fitting t-shirt under the armpits and wear it under a shirt or jumper...it just provides that extra bit of protection incase I start to cry from my armpits

AsTimeBurns

Was so bad today I had to go and buy a new t-shirt during work and change in the toilets XD

Don't know why i'm laughing, it's not funny really. It's not so much the actual sweat that annoys me, although it's not particularly pleasant..it's the damn smell. Recently it hasn't been bad, the deodrant was covering any smell, but it didn't work today for some reason.

Soy Sauce

When I haven't done any Iontophoresis treatments for a long time and allow my HH to come back full force, my hands n feet sweat almost constantly while I'm awake. I carry a rag or paper towel with me at all times.

ohheybbyitscorixx

I'm not on any treatments, but I sweat a lot. Face, under arms, back, groin, legs, palms, and feet. I sweat in social situations and when I'm not nervous at all! And when I sleep. If I'm going out, I take deodorant, baby wipes, and panty liners. I try to cover it up on my feet but it doesn't help. I have to change my socks, shirt, and undies like three times a day. But if you're a guy I guess it'd be harder to take anything considering most guys don't take bags/purses :[ The way I understand it is medicine for HH is to be taken everyday, and can somtimes be taken twice a day if you are going somewhere where you will be extra nervous.

margiehope

It's not true that meds for HH need to be taken every day--at least not glyco.

I think many others are like me--take it as needed, maybe more in very hot humid weather or if very active, maybe none if it's cool or it's a low activity day. (And for me, as already stated, it's heat and humidity that's the key, not nervousness.)

rxdc

I have pretty excessive hyperhidrosis: hands, feet, armpits, forehead and nose. I use a homemade iontophoresis device which stopped sweating on my hands but my toes still sweat a bit even after months of treatment. I use drysol on my armpits which stops it completely; I just have to be careful not to use it too often or it gets pretty dry and itchy. Unfortunately I can't do anything about the face area and I'd rather not take oral medication.

My most difficult situations are going to the bank, shopping mall and the subway when it's really crowded. I always carry a handkerchief with me but I feel awkward having to pull it out and wipe my face cause then people can see I'm sweating.

I have a question for those doing iontophoresis on their feet: How are the soles of your feet? do you have foot/leg pain? Ever since I started treating my feet regularly I noticed that I can't stand for too long without experiencing discomfort. Maybe it has something to do with the hardening of the soles of my feet?

Diend

Generally when I feel anxious in a social/classroom situation, will I feel hot and start sweating near the back of my neck.

Luka

I have palmar hyperhydrosis (palms) and I developed it a few years ago. It's kinda hard to deal with since I'm a teen and nobody else my age will understand what I have to deal with. I use driclor which helps and it only comes when I'm really anxious or put in a bad situation.