Sweat Prevention Guidelines

woofytalk

Drink Plenty of Water - Many people can’t understand this one. They think if they drink water, the body will sweat more to compensate. Wrong! Drinking lots of water will keep your body cool. By keeping a cool internal temperature, the hyperactive sweat glands have no reason to prespire. It’s important to drink 8 glasses of water a day.

Try Shoe Inserts - When my foot sweating was bad, I used to love Odor Eaters. Although they didn’t prevent the foot sweating, they certainly prevented the odor that came along with it by absorbing the moisture.

Vinegar Foot Baths - Mix half a cup of vinegar with 1 cup of water in a footbath and soak your feet for 15 minutes. Do this twice a week and you’ll see a HUGE improvement in your plantar hyperhidrosis. The acid in the vinegar is the magic ingredient.

Wear Loose Fitting clothing - Breathable material will do wonders for your excessive sweating problem. Absorbant socks are great too. Invest in some good pairs. Wear open toe shoes whenever possible. Cottons work best for clothing.

Powder your Parts - After bathing or showering, apply a baby powder or medical goldbond powder to your common sweating areas. This will prevent irritation and relieve the skin. Irritated skin is more likely to perspire and cause further irritability and rashes.Using powder will also cover up any body odor that may be associated with sweating.

Change your Socks frequently - This will cut down on exposure to foot bacteria and really help out with the odor. Good hygiene never hurts too.Many stores like Gap make special “breathable” socks that wick away moisture using specially designed cotton. You can find comparable socks in many different chain stores.

Apply Antiperspirant to your hands and feet - Be on the lookout for skin irritation when you do this. You can accidently give yourself a rash if you react poorly to the brand of choice. This can help though temporarily with palmar and plantar hyperhidrosis.

Use Alternating Temperatures when you Shower - I like to start the shower warm and turn it to cold a minute or two before I get out. This is refreshing and will cool your body temperature in a very naturally and gradual way. I love it because it really wakes me up in the morning and gets me ready to start the day.There’s nothing more frustrating than getting sweaty right after you step out of the shower. When you end your shower with a cold blast of water, you’ll effectively cool yourself down and prevent overheating while dressing.

Avoid Spicy Foods - I love chicken curry as much as the next guy, but I know better. Spicy foods encourage sweating and you’re going to have to bite the bullet and avoid these foods until you get your perspiration under control.So yes, you’re going to need to pass on the hot wings during football season. But hey, just think about how much more you’ll enjoy watching the Superbowl when you don’t have to pack three different changes of clothes.

Wash Your Hands Frequently - I recommend washing your hands often using anti-bacterial soap. This may have a drying effect, but once your hand sweating stops, you can figure out a nice happy medium as to how often you should do this.

Apply Natural Treatments - I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. There is no substitute for having a systematic game plan when you decide to end your excessive sweating. Try as many natural treatments as you can including a proper hyperhidrosis diet, sage tea soaks, baking soda & water solutions, tea tree oil, Thiamine (which combats stress), acupuncture, Alum, and witch hazel.

Ashiene

You forget that the greatest cause of sweating is anxiety, thats why many social phobics have sweating problems.

woofytalk

Thanks Ashiene. That's a big oversight on my part. I'll start posting helpful hints for anxiety induced sweating real soon!

teandtoast

nice one on the tips

few things I find help me - with underarm HH (although may not help others)
Carry a fan
I always carry a small fan made out of card from boxes (like from a pizza box or cereal box - i find that best thickness) just tear a square piece about the size of your hand
if youre going out somewhere you can carry it in your pocket then if your feeling a bit sweaty nip off to the toilet and fan dry your pits

Toilet hand dryers work wonders
Again if youre out and youre feeling sweaty if you get the chance nip to the toilet and if empty or no-one is looking use the hand dryer and face it upwards and blow into your pit through your t-shirt arm hole and dry your pit

Natural deodrant
Try natural crystal deodrant such as pitrok
these dont leave a sticky residue like normal spray or roll on deodrants and for me help me to keep dry
they should also keep you from smelling for longer as they stop bacteria instead of covering it up like normal deodrants

Try different shower gels
try different shower gels as some can make you sweat more so then others ...I find its worth spending a bit more on them as some cheaps ones dont do your skin any favours
at the moment I find the kinda creamy flowery ones work best lol