supposed to hit 100F here today.

bigchris

Jesus, In England I have to be wearing a suit in a few days and it'll be around 73 F (converted using a website) and I thought I had it rough!

Tiercel

It's usually not the heat that kills you. It's the humidity.

I almost wish we'd have a real scorcher here. We haven't had a day without clouds or rain all month. And since it's so humid every day, I don't feel like moving at all. Once I start to sweat I just can't dry off. And nothing really beats that feeling you get when you have to peel that dirty, wet underwear off your body.

Is it obvious that I prefer autumn through spring?

Last edited:

gg1101

Right now the heat index is 90 F. Its 9AM here. Lunch is going to be miserable. It is not worth it to get in my hot car and drive 3 blocks over when I could walk. Perhaps I will drive home for lunch, since I work downtown and have to wear a suit every day.

gg1101

As an aside, I took 4mg of avert today, as opposed to 2mg. We'll see if that helps. Before I started mixing avert with Drysol, I was taking 6mg in the morning, and 4 in the afternoon, just to keep my armpits dry. Now 2mg seems to do ok except on the hottest of days. Tomorrow the high is 101F, with a heat index of 110F.