Super Highs and Super Lows

Apersonalan

I'm finding that I'm having the same problem now that I did as a teen, my brain gets over stimulated and I get over excited to the point where I just want to do nothing to get rid of the uncomfortable adrenaline rush. It doesn't have to be over much it could be over the most simplest things that everyday people do without a care but then all of a sudden I get the urge that I'm overwhelmed and can't control my mind rush.

I remember when I was out with my friend Steve many years ago he would always come to my house in the morning and we'd go to the mall or visit his cousin and gf, there's all these things that rush to mind like his holden hsv and the fact that the new american pie sequel is out lol and then I panic because there's too much happening at once so I get away from it all then when I have nothing to do a new problem starts where I'm numb to everything and easily bored and can't even eat food in public.

B

Beatrice

Oh my god, are you me? :eek:

Seriously, I thought I'd never find someone else with the same problem.

I was trying to describe it before in a thread and I don't think I did very well. But let me tell you, I relate!!! I feel like I have autism or something - I get overstimulated and confused way too easily. And it makes me irritable too.

Do you find the same thing happening when you go shopping? Or watching a movie?

Apersonalan

When I was with my friends (a very long time ago) I would literally feel like this moment is the only thing that matters right now, like we were the only people alive on earth or something and I'd feel on top of the world, all of a sudden being introduced to new people and new places I'd feel the exact opposite, sheer panic and everything reverses.

I find that my mind can't comprehend change very well and too much action causes some kind of rush where I'm looking to be calm again. When I was a child with add I was really hyper and destructive, always having fun too even over nothing, but the older I get the more everything starts to reverse to make up for it.

pakistan

"I find that my mind can't comprehend change very well and too much action causes some kind of rush where I'm looking to be calm again. When I was a child with add I was really hyper and destructive, always having fun too even over nothing, but the older I get the more everything starts to reverse to make up for it. "

Dudeee,, spot on...Happens iwth me too...it sucks

interesting thing though: i even have trouble eating at home when someone is watching..111 yarrrgh

Apersonalan

"I find that my mind can't comprehend change very well and too much action causes some kind of rush where I'm looking to be calm again. When I was a child with add I was really hyper and destructive, always having fun too even over nothing, but the older I get the more everything starts to reverse to make up for it. "

Dudeee,, spot on...Happens iwth me too...it sucks

interesting thing though: i even have trouble eating at home when someone is watching..111 yarrrgh

I can eat by myself, I prefer too actually, I just can't eat anything with people around because it knocks my desires down. I might have o.d.d even I get so disconnected from popular opinion that I just end up liking things more if no one else likes them, ie I only like Indy movies and am not to keen on blockbusters, I don't even know what was happening in Iron Man and my apathy/self empathy just runs high, I want space even from any sexual desire which my depression seemingly runs at times.

Conspiracy

Uh yeah it happens to me too. When I try something new, I find it very complicated even tho it may be the simplest thing ever. Maybe I just can't adjust to change? or find it very difficult to do so.

insecuregaga

Some days I'm super confident and want to do it all and other days I'm the bipolar opposite like today where I want to do nothing and talk to no one :(

upndwn

Your condition sounds a lot like bipolar disorder. I have lived with this horrible condition for most of my adult life, and I spent years without seeking help, and it has taken twelve years of therapy before I finally got a diagnosis. It has literally ruined my life. Thanks to this crap I have missed out on so many opportunities. Bipolar disorder is one of the main causes responsible for suicide. I urge you to contact a psychiatrist Asap.

Take care