Suddenly awkward?

HeadFace

I don't know if anyone else's gone through this, but for some reason, whenever I try to talk to my best friend (or... used to be bestie. idunno) it's somewhat awkward now. Which I don't get. Since we used to be really close, we even dated a while ago (broke up about 8 monthes ago) but we were still really great friends after that. Like, really close. Then recently, she just avoided hanging out with me. As in whenever I'd ask, she'd say yes at first. But ditch me for someone else. After that she just got kind of distant from me, and wouldnt talk to me often. Now when we talk, it's just kind of awkward. As if there's nothing left to talk about. Which saddens me, because I always thought that even though I'm kind of a loner at school, she'd always be my true friend.

punklove

I'm sorry that happened to you :(
You're clearly a true friend so it's her loss.
If I were you I'd just confront her about it and if she's a b*tch about it then find another friend :) as hard as that may sound. I really hope it all works out for you xD

HeadFace

I'm sorry that happened to you :(
You're clearly a true friend so it's her loss.
If I were you I'd just confront her about it and if she's a b*tch about it then find another friend :) as hard as that may sound. I really hope it all works out for you xD
And okay. I'm just afraid I'd seem too clingy if I do that. I kind of doubt she'd be a bitch about it too though. Since she's not the kind of person to give you an attitude or anything like that.
But I'll try something. Thanks

Fighter86

Have you tried asking her why? That way, you all can clarify things up. On another note, if she refuses to say, I suggest you try to recall back clearly, perhaps it could be something you've done? Have you and her quarreled prior to her not hanging out with you? Try to think really clearly, sometimes, when friendships go wrong, it could not just be things that have blown into quarrels, it could have been those small little things you might have done that upset her. I have given up friendships in a similar fashion as your friend. I just decided to cut the person off, as I see no point in bringing up and re-bringing up the same issues that the person has upset me with, with nothing done to improve from his/her side. Basically, I just got fed up, and decided to call it a day ignoring all calls and messages. I just didn't want to go though the same repeated issues over and over again, it drains me off all my energy. And really, I would not have done that if not as a last resort. I hope things work out with you and your friend though, another way of finding out about why she could be miffed could be via talking to mutual friends, or try to pick up from others, maybe someone's been spreading rumors behind your back or something to make her avoid you. In anyway, good luck =)

D

deleted user 1

People come and go, ansd given your age, this is not altogether uncommon. I've had the same thing with a few close friends in the past, you just grow in a different direction, or just lose that connection as you change/mature. Perhaps she never felt that closeness that you felt over that course of time. It's a possibility. I agree with Fighter86, if you don't know, ask. You can never clear up whatever situation exists.

da_illest101

I know how you feel, my best friend has a bf, but she tried to go to personal with me, so we went too personal but not face to face. At the beginning of the semester she never wanted to see me even though we had a break time together. Now she quit school, removed her facebook and other similar site account, never goes on msn (maybe she block me) her phone line is cut off. so now it's been more then a month and for my own sake if she try to talk to me I should send her packing because this is not friendship, this is a one sided selfish act.

If I was you I would do the same, forget about her and move on