sucks when new people finally discover the real shy you

Chriswinnipeg

I just hate it. I have a new job now and when I work at my job, I usually work with a partner and I have no shyness when I talk on a one on one basis with the one person I work with. But I get painfully shy during breaks when the whole group is in the break room and everyone says something or tells a story except for me. After the break is over and I when I start working again with the one partner I work with I don't feel shy whatsoever. After a few weeks now people discover how really painfully shy I am during breaks, and my partners that I have no problem talking to on a one on one basis kind of gives me serious looks and aren't really talkative with me anymore. I just hate how new people finally discover how painfully shy you really are and how they react and look at you differently afterwards.

snail

I can relate. When I first meet people, I have a big smile and great handshake and they think I'm outgoing. Then I can't talk to them and they think I'm a snob or that I'm very strange. If I try to fight my fear and talk, then I set up something I can't continue - aargh!

Chriswinnipeg

sorry you feel the same way :( It's just that it feels people treat you different like your not human or an outcast after they discover the real you. I miss how people treat me the first time they knew me like before knowing I'm shy. It just feels bad.

I'm sort of a SP sandwich. When you first see me, you think I'm somewhat out going, then I'm all shy and quiet, but once I'm on a roll with someone I'm comfortable with, I can be really funny/goofy and be myslef.

winnipegjets

Chriswinnipeg said:
I just hate it. I have a new job now and when I work at my job, I usually work with a partner and I have no shyness when I talk on a one on one basis with the one person I work with. But I get painfully shy during breaks when the whole group is in the break room and everyone says something or tells a story except for me. After the break is over and I when I start working again with the one partner I work with I don't feel shy whatsoever. After a few weeks now people discover how really painfully shy I am during breaks, and my partners that I have no problem talking to on a one on one basis kind of gives me serious looks and aren't really talkative with me anymore. I just hate how new people finally discover how painfully shy you really are and how they react and look at you differently afterwards.

Hope you don't mind me asking. Where in Winnipeg are you from? I grew up in Ft Garry...

TAMPA-BAY

I think that is one of my biggest problem with dateing. The fear that once people who have seen and wonder about me from a distance will be disapointed once the get to know the real me.

dottie

This happened at my work, too. I'll be fine one-on-one but if there are multiple people around I tend to clam up. Then they will ask me WHY I am shy and I try to explain it. Insta-dismiss as freak.