stuck in a bed outside a flood

KyleD

hey, im kyle, im 19 and im struggling with addiction and isolation

i couldnt really think of a better way to express how i was feeling other than what i wrote in the title. its a lyric from a song

im feeling real lifeless at the moment, like im living outside my own body and watching myself on a television screen.

my dad left home about 10 years ago, my mom is always preoccupied with something.

at the moment im on winter break and i cant really find anything worthwhile to do so i just stay home all day. the only thing i cant wait for is for university to start up again, and my work shifts.

the friends i have are much worse off than i am, but i dont really know how to be there for them. they try to contact me for guidance sometimes but i dont really respond.

i dont expect anything from this. im just posting because i thought id give something a try, im just gonna be sitting here in bed for the next 2 days anyway.

if any of you can be bothered, thats the song -> https://soundcloud.com/10kislands/wait-another-week

Last edited:

lyricalliaisons

Hi Kyle :) I'm sorry you're struggling.
The title of your thread reminds me of a story I just wrote (well... it's not finished yet..).

ihatethisworld

does your mom know you have an addiction? what kind is it if you dont mind me asking ?btw now the song's stuck in my head lol,