Struggling with Idromed 5 GS

JustG

I have been using an Idromed 5 GS since 2008. I have never had great success but at times my hands would be dry.

I have currently been using the machine daily ( missed 2 days ) for the last 5/6 weeks but am having no joy.

My settings are

Hands 7/8mA for 15 mins and feet 18mA for 30 mins.

This is proving difficult as the sessions have became quite painful. My hands and feet were recently swollen due to Rheumatois Arthritis and ever since my skin has been tender and hurts with iontophoresis.

Does anyone have any specific advice on using an Idromed - also any advice for covering top of feet ( currently using J Cloths )

Thanks

Sprawling

The only thing that might help is to purchase a cheap pulsed current unit. 7/8 mA on the hands is basically useless. 15/20 would give you better results. I understand that is not a possibility for you. I f you can cough up around $150 a High Voltage Pulsed Galvanic Stimulator would probably be the most beneficial given your condition.

CharlesN

I'm wondering if a "sticky" could be created for this topic. Perhaps people could comment on their current amperage, duration, frequency for treatments and see if some sort of a baseline can be determined for beginners of ionto. I realize everyone is unique, but a general idea would certainly help people as a starting point.

JustG

@ Sprawling . Thanks for your reply.

I have read with interest your previous posts regarding a Galvanic Stimulator. It is definitely something that I'm considering but am put off by my lack of knowledge in all things technical. I reckon I'd need an idiots guide to set it up. I will definitely at some stage switch to a pulsed unit of some kind.

I will reread your posts and do some searching online.

Sprawling

@ Sprawling . Thanks for your reply.

I have read with interest your previous posts regarding a Galvanic Simulator. It is definitely something that I'm considering but am put off by my lack of knowledge in all things technical. I reckon I'd need an idiots guide to set it up. I will definitely at some stage switch to a pulsed unit of some kind.

I will reread your posts and do some searching online.

There really isn't much to set up other than adding alligator clips to the end of the red and black wires. Very little learning curve. It's the kind of thing that works or doesn't. I wish I had originally started out with the pulsed unit. It's great doing treatment and not have to be in pain.
I'm not technically adept at electronics and specs on ionto machines other than I know they all basically do the same thing and in most cases way overpriced. None of the commercial ionto devices give specs as to whats inside and how much power they truly put out.

JustG

There really isn't much to set up other than adding alligator clips to the end of the red and black wires. Very little learning curve. It's the kind of thing that works or doesn't. I wish I had originally started out with the pulsed unit. It's great doing treatment and not have to be in pain.
I'm not technically adept at electronics and specs on ionto machines other than I know they all basically do the same thing and in most cases way overpriced. None of the commercial ionto devices give specs as to whats inside and how much power they truly put out.

I will definitely explore this option, anything too get away from the pain/discomfort. I find the pain can make you reluctant to do your daily treatment and quickly you lose the will altogether.

Thanks again Sprawling for your advice.