Stop it, you fucking idiots

mystery

Hey Two Words! You got some good intentions. I hear what u are trying to say, but please spare us the bad language. Maybe I am used to people bullying me when I was a kid, so I don't take it so personally. Now I don't spend too much time on the net, and try to improve myself.

Anonymous

hi pal i wanna befriend my own kind those with social phobi

:D hi iam joojo i'm 24(will be 25 in October) i'm in Ghana,westafrica

i wanna befriend my own kind social phobics dis ma e-mail;[email protected].

cody2468

2 words

get a bloody life you bloody dumb idiot

Don't you understand what never coming back means unless you have got dementia. You need serious help, maybe check yourself into a clinic and sort yourself out.

Anonymous

My reason for posting here is trying to enhance my social skills. I'm unable to interact with others in the real world, so the 'net is as much as I can get. Maybe if I practice enough here, it will make life outside easier.

The Great Genius can't relate to this issue in a sensible manner because:

a) his superiority prevents him from sinking to such low standards and perceiving the world as a person with social phobia sees it;

b) being a narcissist, he is ailed by a more serious and debilitating disease.

In Almighty Brain's eyes, all the pathetic fools in this forum are unable to come up with a good solution for themselves, neither can they understand their own personalities, but he knows better, of course.

I think you're coming to this place because it's in the opposite side of your spectrum. You have an inflated ego, we have a slim one. It's more like you would like to be.

Might also be the reason why I'm obsessing with you.

wistful_dementia

from Plunkett & Macleane: "You mock me, sir?" "Mock you, sir?" "Mock me not, sir. No man mocks me, sir."The wise man mocks the man, the mocked man mocks the mocker."
:D

PS: "Don't you understand what never coming back means unless you have got dementia"... Cody, pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaase tell me that that statement was directed towards two-words ;)

Anonymous

No you really are the idiots.

2 words is right, these forums dont help. At the heart of all social anxiety is an irrational fear of humilation. This comes from self centeredness and an essentially egotisitcal nature. This is what you have to deal with and what you all avoid. It's the one thing no one here wants to admit about themselves and 2 words simply had the sense to say it.

You have to realise that you, like everyone else in the world, are nothing. You are not special. You have to learn to live without your ego and coming here to self analyze only makes that harder.

Peace

LilMissTragic

LMFAO...Bring back Steve...at least he's right and makes sense...FFs, whos this Petrov idiot??

STEVE, ALL IS FORGIVEN, COME BACK!!!

wistful_dementia

quote="Petrov"]No you really are the idiots.

2 words is right, these forums dont help. At the heart of all social anxiety is an irrational fear of humilation. This comes from self centeredness and an essentially egotisitcal nature. This is what you have to deal with and what you all avoid. It's the one thing no one here wants to admit about themselves and 2 words simply had the sense to say it.

You have to realise that you, like everyone else in the world, are nothing. You are not special. You have to learn to live without your ego and coming here to self analyze only makes that harder.

Peace[/quote]

Like usual we get a simple minded answer from a simple minded person. Where do all of these people come from who have all the answers to the world problems? Does all of this overconfidence lead to a lack of ability to critically analyze situations? Social anxiety is in part an irrational fear of humiliations. Just like psychosis and an in ability to deal with reality are symptoms of schizophrenia. So should we tell these people to just get a grip? Of course not! Social Anxiety is a disorder which is partly biological + partly social + partly irrational reasoning. For those idiots are either just a little shy or who somehow have convinced themselves that they know everthing about anything- educate yourselves on the facts before you jump to conclusions! Is there any truth to what two words or Petrov say- yes, but it's only a truth that looks at part of the picture: their advice is like telling someone whose car battery constantly dies to just replace the battery when it is really a problem with the alternator! To the undereductated and simple minded fools who want to depart their wisdom upon us- you should realize that just like people who have OCD (gawd those people should just get a grip- sarcasm) we realize our fears are irrational! Yes, it would help to be less 'egocentric' and focus not on our own role or status in relation to the rest of the world- but is it as easy as that? Of course not- I must change many of my schemas on life before I can reach that point. Plus their is a natural inborn anxiety when I am in social situations. This situation has also been observed in rats as far as their social status and how they react in social situations, which includes being in large groups and unfamiliar situations. The animals who reacted with extreme anxiety in these situations where shown to have abnormal serotonin production and reuptake. I think that these people who simply know everthing except the detail of SAD have deluded themselves into believing that this is a simple case of not being confident enough or being 'egocentric', just because they are social creatures who are confident themselves or shy people who have managed to get past their shyness. Newsflash- there is hope for SAD sufferers, but it is not as simple as a teenager overcoming his akward stage in life and outgrowing his shyness. And yes, there are alot of people who use this site as an excuse and a crutch to massage their egos and so that they don't have to put effort into never getting better- but not all of us are like that- you simple minded arrogant little fools shouldn't overgeneralize!

Anonymous

Hey, listen,

First off, what you call 'social phobia' is not a disease, it is a neurosis. The biological component is a result of the psychological state.

Secondly, I'm not an idiot, im not uneducated, i struggled with shyness, social phobia or social anxiety for many years and I've read everything there is to read about it. I realise that the answers dont seem that simple when you are experiencing it but the truth is, in essence, they actually are.

The more you procastinate, analyse and obsess over the problem the worse it will become.

The correct treatment is to try to prevent yourself from undertaking any form self conscious analysis and to meditate on ways to overcome your ego. Learn to consider others before yourself, realise that all people are like you and that all people experience suffering in some form and wish to prevent it.

wistful_dementia

Read all+ consider all possibilities, don't be egocentric

Petrov said:
Hey, listen,

First off, what you call 'social phobia' is not a disease, it is a neurosis. The biological component is a result of the psychological state.

Secondly, I'm not an idiot, im not uneducated, i struggled with shyness, social phobia or social anxiety for many years and I've read everything there is to read about it. I realise that the answers dont seem that simple when you are experiencing it but the truth is, in essence, they actually are.

The more you procastinate, analyse and obsess over the problem the worse it will become.

The correct treatment is to try to prevent yourself from undertaking any form self conscious analysis and to meditate on ways to overcome your ego. Learn to consider others before yourself, realise that all people are like you and that all people experience suffering in some form and wish to prevent it.

Yawn, the more we procrastinate, analyse..... tell us something we don't know...
First of all how do you come to all these wonderful conclusion- lot's of theory based off of personal experience.. try to remember people don't come in a one size fit's all brain.. you have to back up what you say with some scientific fact. Secondly, you might not be an idiot- that was me being defensive in return for you agreeing with two-words surmise that 'everyone' who comes to this site is an idiot- must be my 'egocentricism' coming out. Thirdly, in alot of cases we can change our brain's chemistry for the worst by incorrect reasoning- you are right there- just as through CBT (or changing our philosophies to see things more rationally) we can change it for the better.
Now if you look at the real truth (and not your 'egocentric' truth based off of your personal experience) you will find that humans personality is based off of the brains complex wiring. Can the biological component, such as serotonin levels drop, because of the psychological component- i.e, negative thinking- of course- but the brain is cyclic in many cases and it can go either way. So, in short there are alot of people here who can simply snap out of it by not being too egocentric and to bucking up and getting some confidence- no doubt. But people who truly have SAD (I suspect you were just an unfortunate shy person who is correct- you were just being egocentric) have a biological predisposition and must work a little harder. Should we be less egocentric, yes... should we stop proscratinating- YES! Should we leave this site to make arrogant people who think everyone else is just like them and should get over it- NO! People who are more than just shy and actually have SAD need a community of people who they can communicate with and won't feel misunderstood when talking too. Now should we avoid not helping ourselves and using this site as a crutch- of course any moron should realize that.
This is my recommendation- YES_ STOP PROCRASTINATING... change your shemas (this includes focusing on other peoples probs and not on your own)--- CBT helps with this- this will help when being in social situations- but in many cases because this is in fact a biological (and inherited) condition, learn how to control your anxiety by learning how to control biological responses to danger- meditation helps with controling anxiety- and lastly, get out there and do things that cause you discomfort- start off small and work your way up- for example, start off by simply saying high or making small talk with a stranger and eventually get to the point where you can make talk with an attractive woman, see?-- I'm not quit to the point where I can walk up to an attractive woman whom I don't know yet and carry on a long convo- but I am getting there- I can say hi ;)

PSS- Whether calling SAD a biological condition makes you feel weak or not- the truth is- it is- but I prefer to call it by its other name a disorder- not a disease.

PSSS- oh, yeah, studying other philosophies- such as buddhist philosophy helps- but doesn't take away the science that SAD is more than a simple neurosis. Granted, there are probably alot of people coming to this site such as Petrov and two words and others who were simply neurotic and who have solved their probs by dealing soley with their neurosis.

PSSSS- to everyone- read anything on CBT and also the Dali Lama's: 'The Art of Happiness" is helpful.

PSSSSS- to the egocentric people who were or are just shy or neurotic- educate yourselves on more than the philosophies of psychology also educate yourselves on the facts that have been proven in research. OR, just leave us alone already- you really have no clue.

Anonymous

ok, i accept everything you had to say there. Your right, it is quite a complex problem and i regret carrying on like a pompous asshole. I was really just a bit bored. I dont know all that much about SA, well i know a bit, but i really am only coming at it from my own perspective and its probably wrong to assume that the causes of my issues are true for everyone else SA. Just because i worked out some things about myself that shouldnt give me the right to preach and clearly if i do feel the need to preach and carry on like that, even if it is only in a forum and not in the real world, then i still have some issues to sought out.

But i think the thing that caused me to comment with this thread was that there was some truth to 2 word's post which everyone appeared to ignore. The fact that he reffered to you all as fucking idiots probably didnt help him, but what he was saying seemed to make allot of sense to me ad everyone was pretty harshly critising it so i felt compelled to comment.

But no wistful, your totally right, people would come to this forum for a number of different reasons and its wrong for me or anyone else to speculate as to why they do or whether its a positive or detrimental thing to do. I think most people have the capacity to realise what type of behavior is healthy for them and its really none of my bussiness how other people manage their problems.

rubius

That's right. Let's face it. Solving other peoples problems is what we SAD suffurers just love to do. So it doesn't surprise me that some of us want to tell us how we can "get over" OUR problems. Frankly if people would just listen to me I am sure I could fix ALL of their problems. But MY problems? Uhmm... No comment.
LOL
Seriously, talking about my SP here does help me. I haven't been as healthy in my life as I am now. I would sure hate to see a few malcontents who have nothing better to do than act superior ruin this process for the rest of us.
Oh, and Wistfull, I like your style. You are obviously someone I can relate to. Although I do think that you may have read more than I have at this time. I am still learning about SP. That is the other reason I am here.

Fredscars

ever considered that here is one of the only places the majority of us can make friends?

...just a suggestion