Stop Calling!

xSleepy

Im starting to get really annoyed with my friend, lol. When am I not annoyed???

Anyways, she for some reason feels the need to call me EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!! And she talks about nothing! Just random crap that I dont care about. Its getting pretty ridiculous. It doesnt seem normal. I dont enjoy talking to her so much.

Im not sure if she feels bad for me cause she knows shes my only friend. Or if shes the one who has no one else to talk to.

How do you tell someone to stop calling so much? ANd to just back off without being mean?

Emma

Hmmm, can you not answer the phone for awhile until she gets the hint?
Or say hey I'm starting umm lessons, (pinball, feltcraft???) and you can't talk that much :?

Carstuar

I can't think of a way to make her stop calling without sounding mean, or lying. I wouldn't recommend either option.

I take it this is a friend you DO consider a friend, and not JUST a nuisance? :p

Maybe you can think of it as an exercise in small talk. With some people, small talk is all about trying to appear interested, when, in fact, you are not.

Whatever you decide to do. Good luck, Sleepy. :)

Caseums21

I had a friend like that once. She would call me every single day and sometimes more then once. I stopped answering all the time. She calls more often now when I don't answer. So maybe it's best to just tell her.

Carstuar

Caseums21 said:
I had a friend like that once. She would call me every single day and sometimes more then once. I stopped answering all the time. She calls more often now when I don't answer. So maybe it's best to just tell her.

If you tell her, she'll probably be very insulted and angry at you. I wouldn't do that :p
Not directly, anyway.

eR1k

Telling her directly what you feel always is the best option. If she is your friend she deserves that kind of respect eventhough it's easier to not answer the phone.

BV85

Haha this is hillarious, i was in the same situation with one of my friends, she's completely oblivious to anyone else's feelings and quite frankly couldnt give two stuffs about anyone else, anyways she used to call me like 5 times a day, i put up with it for a few months cos i didnt want to be harsh but it got to the stage where i said to her look, your calling to much, isnt it making your phone bill really big (tried to do it in a nice way) her response noo i got free minitues to O2.....great anywhoos i just told her in the end it was doing my head in....she stopped calling me for like a week.....and now shes back to the usual 5 calls a day AHHHHH....

Just tell them its annoying...hopefully your friend will take more of a hint that mine did!