Stereotypes

What was/is your stereotype? How do you think people stereotype you and how do you stereotype yourself? How does it make you feel?

me: in high school I was the quintessential goth chick

now i'm just pretty average...but I do wear black turtlenecks and sunglasses constantly lol

i think people stereotype me as looking like a bitch because I come off as really cold when in reality i'm just completely afraid of people talking to me...

I hate stereotypes... I think that's why I've always been so quiet and "plain"- I didn't want to be "classified" into any given group. That being said, I think in high school I was probably seen as a cross between a nerd and a snob. Now, I'm not really sure. I've always been afraid to "define" or express myself in any way that attracts attention because of the stereotyping that people do.

Lorraine Manca

i get stereotyped as the ideal student, which is horrible because im very irresponsible as far as turning stuff in on time and organization goes. it only takes about a week for that image to break. so it only makes for occasional awkwardness because i feel like people give me too much credit.
i've heard that shy people come off as indifferent and rude, i wonder if thats really true?

Kat

Yeah, it’s strange I think compliments can make me as uncomfortable as insults but obviously if I had to choose I would want compliments. Compliments can set expectations that you feel you always have to live upto. I am not sure what stereotypes I have fell under I do wear a lot of make-up so probably not very nice ones, you would think people would know not to judge by a cover. I am very shy around people so that creates a lot of negativity and superficial judgments. ::eek::

SpLynx

I hate stereotypes. My husband is a muslim so I meet many of them, I bet people have many ridiculous thoughts about us.