State of mind in & out of a situation

cocorose

One thing I have noticed, when I am in a certain situation that triggers me to be nervous, I would sell my soul to the devil to get out of it, that's how bad it is, I don't think about anything else except how I am feeling at the moment. But if I am out of the situation and in a 'safe' place, I feel really strong & powerful, I can tell myself I can do it, it's just fear and I have to face it.. and I can be so positive and get a high on how strong I am.. but when I am actually in the situation it's a totally different story. I forget all of that and I am back to feeling all of my fears again. Anyone else like this?

ImNotMyIllness

Sure. I'm like that too. There are certain situations where I'm very anxious and nervous and others where I feel confident and strong. Sometimes, it depends not on the situation but my mental state at that moment.

jaim38

So many times I feel like this. I notice that I feel more confident when I'm alone or with a few people.

lilmutegirl

Yes. I feel like this a lot. Anticipating/planning for an anxiety-provoking situation, I feel optimistic (sometimes), and afterward, I usually think, "that wasn't so bad." While the anxiety is high, however, it feels horrible.

IntheLabyrinth

Yeah, I definitely feel that way. If only there was a way to keep that feeling all day long, and in any situation.