st vincents hospital anxiety clinic (sydney)

tommydog

hey everyone. a friend recently (success story, used to suffer anxiety and panic attacks) told me that i should call up these lads. i was meant to do it today but didnt get around to it. anyway .. thought you all might like to know about it and maybe give em a buzz. ill post here as soon as i know more.

tommydog

ok i called and was put through to the anxiety clinic .. unfortunatly they only pick up the phone there from 9am - 1pm so i didnt get to speak to anybody.

Ummmm got this number though 9332 1209

apparently thats got prerecorded information about thier programs .... havnt been able to get through to that yet either :lol:

anyway so if anyone wants to have a geez go ahead you might get through before me :lol: anyways so yer ill post more once i know

Anonymous

hey, i saw the counsellor at uni and shes going to put me on a program which is run by them
i think theyd b good follow up

tommydog

lol omg.

that message thing dosnt work .. i have to call before 1pm to get in touch with someone and i never get around to it. I want to do it before i move .. even though i wont be in sydney to do the program .. maybe i can pick something up, maybe they can refer to some program at my destination .. who knows.

Sorry for not having chased this up for you guys as yet :?

guest let us know how it goes huh

InDeepshit

not that program but i have been accepted in a generalised anxiety group program around the western area.. i missed the first round of meetings so i'll have to wait until another group is formed.

IJustWantMyLifeBack

not that program but i have been accepted in a generalised anxiety group program around the western area.. i missed the first round of meetings so i'll have to wait until another group is formed.

Thanks I hope it work out for you ! keep intouch and let me know how u are going I would be interested..

ForthDimension

Isnt the st vincents hospital anxiety clinic an online based program ? I know Macquarie University run social anxiety groups too.

Im currently attending an anxiety group run by 2 clinical psychologists but this is in the south west of Sydney. I know that Campbelltown Private Hospital also run anxiety groups.

Lexine

Hi ForthDimension

I just saw your post and wanted to say that Macquarie University definitely does have both group and individual treatment for social anxiety. I am one of the clinical psychologists working on the programs. Given the treatment is offered within a university, a major advantage is that all the programs are based on the most up to date research about what is the most effective way to treat social anxiety.

Currently we also have a trial of treatment to help indidviduals with social anxiety who are also drinking alcohol at harmful levels (more than 14 standard drinks per week for women, more than 29 for men).

To find out more about how you can access our treatment, call us on 9850 8670, email [email protected] or visit our website:
CASP - Combined Alcohol & Social Phobia Treatment Program
Emotional Health Clinic Home - Emotional Health Clinic

all the best
Lexine