SPW chat- how come no one ever goes there?

betty

i know, no one is ever in there, since ive learned of these forums, i cant find acctuall chat anywhere on the web. It really sucks :(

Ahmed

everytime i go there i find noone, i went in today, found noone too, i started playing around, banning myself, kicking myslef out, loads of fun :)

The java client on this site sucks. Luckily they have the chat room on irc so we can use mirc. Just connect to luna.irc-hispano.org and join #spw. But hang out a while 'cause not many people try the chat here.

Also SA-UK has irc chat rooms on irc.kickchat.com called #sauk and #lounge, sahideout has one on the same server in room #sah.

Hope to see you there soon. Also I created a chat room called #social-anxiety on irc.kickchat.com too.

Re: chat room

rko74 said:
Best one is this one and it has people in it a good bit

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/chat/index.html

SAS will ban you (without warning) and label you a "spammer" or "troll" if you mention another website's chat room on their site or in their chatroom. In other words, they don't believe in freedom of speech. Also they change people's posts, delete posts and lock threads all the time. I used to post there but after I noticed these behaviors I don't post there anymore. The also ban people from their site for joining other support forums. I think they might read people's private messages and private chats too.

Thunder

SAS will ban you (without warning) and label you a "spammer" or "troll" if you mention another website's chat room on their site or in their chatroom.
You lie. Everyone has been warned not to spam our chat room.
In other words, they don't believe in freedom of speech.
No we don't. But our guidelines are clearly posted and if they're followed there is no problem.
Also they change people's posts, delete posts and lock threads all the time.
You lie again. No one's post has ever been changed except for routine editing of offensive material.
I used to post there but after I noticed these behaviors I don't post there anymore.
Because you can't, you were banned for spamming.
The also ban people from their site for joining other support forums.
Another lie, no one has ever been banned for joining another support forum. A lot of SAS members post here.
I think they might read people's private messages and private chats too.
Again a lie, started at the same site you were banned for spamming.

jauggy

sabbath92001 said:
rko74 said:
Best one is this one and it has people in it a good bit

http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/chat/index.html

SAS will ban you (without warning) and label you a "spammer" or "troll" if you mention another website's chat room on their site or in their chatroom. In other words, they don't believe in freedom of speech. Also they change people's posts, delete posts and lock threads all the time. I used to post there but after I noticed these behaviors I don't post there anymore. The also ban people from their site for joining other support forums. I think they might read people's private messages and private chats too.
I know the history behind this and I support the SAS Admin's decision to get rid of people who are trying to get them to join a competitors site. They didn't just "mention" the site, they were actively PMing people to join it and take members away. Also the competitor's site was started by someone who got banned from SAS.

It's like, would Coke allow Pepsi to advertise on their site?

Monitoring this site is proof that they are paranoid and don't allow people to express their own opinions. I was banned from SAS before anyone posted new rules of not allowing people to discuss other support sites. After I joined SAH (www.sahideout.com) I found out that there was some kind of feud going on between SAS and them. After I was banned I rejoined SAS under another user name and posted a couple more posts. But I deemed it a waste of time to continue posting there. Now it seems they spend their time checking social anxiety support sites for disgruntled and banned members. I only said something once on SAS chat about sahideout and then I was banned and labelled a "spammer". Thunder you can keep calling me a liar all you want, it doesn't change anything.

I also am member of sa-uk (http://www.social-anxiety.org.uk/), tapir (http://www.algy.com/anxiety/), various yahoo groups and other sites. Do I now have to watch what I say on these support sites because I might upset Thunder and he'll start flaming me all over the internet? I thought only usenet had flame wars but I guess I was wrong. Be warned people, chatting or posting on SAS can cause you to be stalked and harassed. It's too bad they are scared of a little competition. I thought the internet was big enough for many sa support sites, but to SAS I guess it isn't. SAS is the only support site that has done these type of things to me. No one monitors SPW, SAUK, SAH, Yahoo or other chats to make sure they don't talk about other chat rooms, only SAS has done this to me. Never have any of my posts on SAH, SPW, SAUK, Yahoo or other sites been changed, only SAS has done this to me.

cLavain said:
*raises hand* Why would two support sites be competitors..? :?

I don't know. SAS changes their rules daily it seems. For a while you couldn't discuss religion or sex and then they changed it. I'm never sure what their rules are, so I don't go there anymore.

Thunder

No one monitors SPW, SAUK, SAH, Yahoo or other chats to make sure they don't talk about other chat rooms, only SAS has done this to me.
I've been visiting SPW, SA UK, Tapir and a few smaller SA forums for years. I support them all, they are true support forums, the site you've been spamming is not.
When someone posts lies about me or my board I'm going to respond.

LeapFrog

The whole idea of a SP chatroom seems kind of ironic to me :lol: But I've been in there myself a few times, and it was quite dead. ie. I was the only person there.

Septor

Yea I have been in there to and I have not seen a single person ever.Mybe it's becaue it's all in Spanish.Besides it's just easer using instant messenger.

betty

Re: SPW Chat- how come no one ever goes there??

i found a cool place, i dont know if you know it, but the chat there is good.www.soccialanxietysupport.com. see ya
jinxed said:
Should we encourage each other to go into the chat here so that we won't be alone when we try to go there but can chat w/ each other as well?
And why is it a Spanish chat when here is English speaking? (even tho I know we can still enter English letters/words rather than Spanish and so still understand each other)

Forsaken

Well I think we have a pretty nice forum and chat going myself, but I could be a bit biased. If anyone wants to check it out, just look at my sig.

mat

jauggy said:
They didn't just "mention" the site, they were actively PMing people to join it and take members away.

That was not condoned by anyone from the SAH Management. That was done by one or two troublemakers. 'nuff said.

Anyways I just thought I'd invite you all to our chatroom, we are generally much more busy than the other social anxiety chatrooms (especially in the evening).

SAH Java Chat:
http://www.sahideout.com/chat.php

Heres the link to our 2.5 Month old rapidly growing forum (about 170 members so far!). We focus more on making friends and talking to other people with SA:
http://www.sahideout.com/

jauggy

cLavain said:
*raises hand* Why would two support sites be competitors..? :?
The Admins of both forums are enemies. Both are banned from each others site. And they always have a go at each other. There's just a lot of bad blood between them.

If I banned someone on my site for flaming/trolling, and he was to create a new forum and try and steal my members I'd be pissed. I allow people to advertise on my site, but I would never let anyone advertise the board of a banned member (I wouldn't ban them unless it was a mass PM though). The person was banned BEFORE he created the competitor site. So he should just leave the site he got banned from alone.

Nubly

of all the chat rooms ive been in, www.sahideout.com has the busiest chat, especially around 8PM (pacific time).

i was a member of social anxiety support too but was banned for talking about sahideout chat. i dont think theres any competition between the two.

Thunder said:
I've been visiting SPW, SA UK, Tapir and a few smaller SA forums for years. I support them all, they are true support forums, the site you've been spamming is not.
When someone posts lies about me or my board I'm going to respond.
now that is a bold lie. youve been bitching about tapir since before you went to social anxiety support. you even disallowed any mention of tapir back when you had your own ezboard. that isnt support