Sports and Hyperhidrosis

Hello Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone out there is or knows a profesional athlete or elite athelete that suffers from HH?

I'm a cyclisit and a runner and have recenlty started to train for Triathlon and was concerned about even trying to take Robinul because of not sweating.

I've seen where there are people that said that they had to quit either exercising or the medication.

Is there a way to decrease your perspiration level and still be able to compet, or train? What are your experiences?

Any thoughts and comments would be great!

Thanks

Ex-HH

I don't know if there is any to facts to back this up, but I definitely sweat a lot less during workouts if I drink electrolytic drinks. Good luck.

IhateHH

I'm pretty sure working out will stop your HH zone from sweating. I suffer from hands and feet, mostly feet, and if i workout i just start sweating from my pits like normal and my feets stop sweating. Iono why but it seems like my feet/hands dont sweat while i workout, just my body and pits like it's suppose to.

Thanks Ex-HH, and IHateHH,
I appreciate the info. I'll try the electrolytic drinks, I do drink a Gatorade, or something like that during higher exercise work loads. IhateHH - I've noticed that too. While I work out I don't sweat from my hands and feet as bad, just the rest of my body. I'm going to get the into. machine in a week or so. I'll be sure to keep all informed.

Soy Sauce

I would definitely advise against taking Robinol or other similar meds before participating in sports/working out. I've done it before and it's not good. Your body temp. goes through the roof and your body can't regulate it's temp. because it can't sweat.

I don't know if my hands sweat more when working out, but they definitely continue to sweat. When I've been doing my Ionto treatments and my hands are in a "dry spell" lol, my hands don't sweat when working out. I play alot of basketball and whne I haven't been keeping up with my Ionto treatments, my hands sweat so much it's difficult to handle the ball or shoot.

I don't know what kind of HH you have, but if you think you sweat more than the average athlete, when competing in sports (especially endurance events), it would definitely be a priority to replenish the fluids you lose from perspiration with a sports drink like Gatorade, etc. that contain electrolytes and sodium.