Sort of Nervous

kaycee09

Hi,
I'm a new user here.
I've tried multiple forums on different sites just to talk to people or vent or what have you. It seems that every time I seek advice on how to deal with social situations, I just get made fun of a lot.
I suffer from pretty bad anxiety and depression, and I get paranoid over... I don't know... a lot of things people consider trivial.
I just want to try to get myself out there without having to put a mask on. I've spent my whole life hiding my... instabilities... and recently, I was able to talk straight with someone about it for the first time ever, and it sort of made me want to stop hiding.
Thanks to everyone who takes the time to read my little rant, and in addition, if anyone has any tips on dealing with being infuriatingly apathetic, I'd be happy to hear them.

Welcome :)

It is a relief when you find people who can relate, whether it's online or in person. Dealing with social anxiety can make you feel as if you're the only one with these problems, but the fact that it's the 3rd most prevalent mental health issue (in the USA anyway, I'm guessing it's similar in Canada) says a lot.

Unfortunately I don't have advice for apathy. I'm not sure how you'd start caring about anything if you don't care about anything to begin with, unless the root cause is depression (which is usually the case). To be honest, I kind of enjoy my periods of apathy because not caring is so much easier than caring - no care, no stress. But I know not everyone perceives it that way.