Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Brit

I recently got out of a very rough bit of bullying, from which I am still recovering.

I was helped through by some people in my form and their friends, and now I
can show myself.

But those people are some of the most popular (girls(The popular boys are the ones who were bullying)) in my year. I am one of the least popular boys in my years. I used to hang out with other people as unpopular as me, but in my darkest days, I didn't even think I would fit in there.

I would go back to hanging out with the unpopular people, but these people have grown on me, and I feel I've grown on them.

So I have come here for advice, as This website saw me back in my darkest days: Should I go back to my old friends, or should I stay with what I'm doing now.:question:

I would post this in the bullying section, but it isn't about bullying.

Xervello

Personally, I say be with the friends/people that allow you to be yourself. If guys/girls are bullying you, they aren't your friends. And being popular isn't worth taking abuse or faking who you are, or being influenced into doing things you don't like. Ultimately, follow your gut and do what you think is right. Good luck to you. :)

ImNotMyIllness

You don't want to snub your old friends. You should continue to talk to them or at least don't ignore them. But, nothing wrong with hanging out with your new friends. As long as they're not trying to get you to drink, smoke or do drugs, I say have fun with them too.

It's really nice to see you doing better!