Something is very wrong with me

nephatitus

so today i did something completely out of character since i normally keep to myself and i do this by pretending that no one be me exists. I dont usually dont like to go out in public but since there is an exam next i wanted to study for it at the library since i cannot efficiently do it at home.

On the way to the library, i decided to buy something to drink at the corner store which happened to be close to my intended destination. Still deciding on what to get, there was an elderly person in a scooter paying for whatever and after 2-4 minutes she leaves the store. Finally after a few more additional minutes, i decided to get a coke (i reallly dont care about the whole pepsi/coke business) and walk up to the counter and notice a debit card sitting below the machine. I inform the clerk about this and she tells me it was from the lady who was just previously there. I pay for my item.

From the store i get to the library and see the lady on the scooter there. (This is where i do the unquestionable) I politely ask her if she had just frequented the store to which she replied yes then i asked her if she had left her debit card there. After rummaging around in her purse to confirm such a thing has occured, I immediatly interject and insist on retrieving the card for her since it is no problem for me since i'll be quick. So i run to and from the store with the card in hand and return it to the lady who gives her thanks and im on my marry way. But the thing is i didnt feel happy, nor angry or anything after that whole ordeal, i didnt feel anything and it is worrying me and at the same time driving me insane. A person would feel good or something after doing such a good thin for another person right???? I mean i dont know whatt to think of myself i couldnt even convey a singe emotion at the time. whatthehell.....

tommydog

Dude relax your worrying too much. There is nothing to feel or think or do you just got her card for her and that it. Good on you for doing it though

danstelter

Well, I really think you're overanalyzing, just like the other guy said. You did the right thing for the right reasons, which is most important. Maybe you didn't feel good or bad about, but who cares? You should be praised for doing a good thing when you easily could have taken it and sold the numbers online for money or used it for yourself to cash in. Work instead on praising yourself for doing the right thing when you could have easily done the wrong thing. This is a difficult task for anyone, especially someone affected by anxiety! So good job!

hippiechild

Try imagining how your good deed made her feel. A lot of people are "good" simply by their declaration of their own goodness. However, you actually did a good thing. Just think about how your action might have affected her. What do you think it was like for her at that moment? How about throughout the day? What about the rest of the week?

You're coming into contact and having effects on other people all the time. They have their own past present and future, entirely separate from your own. For this brief instant you two came together to influence each other's lives. You don't have to be ecstatic, inspired or anything much. Just recognize that your action probably made her day a lot more enjoyable.