Social phobia ruining life :(

Hey guys, I really needed to talk with someone about this. I am 3rd year university student however since september 2006 I have been taking classes where I don't have to do presentations. I have had social phobia since Grade 10 and even when I was a full time student I didn't really talk with anyone in class.

I enrolled in the summer semester which started 3 weeks ago because I needed two credits that I should have gotten in September but I still haven't attended those classes yet because in both I have to do a presentation.

Now I dropped out in January and now if I drop again I will loose money and the counselor won't take it well since I did drop out in the previous semester.

I don't know what to do! Please help

Landmine_Salesman said:
Hey guys, I really needed to talk with someone about this. I am 3rd year university student however since september 2006 I have been taking classes where I don't have to do presentations. I have had social phobia since Grade 10 and even when I was a full time student I didn't really talk with anyone in class.

I enrolled in the summer semester which started 3 weeks ago because I needed two credits that I should have gotten in September but I still haven't attended those classes yet because in both I have to do a presentation.

Now I dropped out in January and now if I drop again I will loose money and the counselor won't take it well since I did drop out in the previous semester.

I don't know what to do! Please help

Increase your willingness to do presentations. You really can't control your anxiety or thoughts so instead increase your willingness to have them.

oszapo

Landmine, have you not thought about takin some drug what would calm you down?Im against drugs really i dont belive in them in a long way but i think occasionally they a good sort of quick help.
There are so many out there.I know from other people that a lot of find solution in them.Some take it all the time which i think is too dangerous as you can get addicted to them and then keep higherin your dose till it wont work?I dont know im not a doctor surely there are ones which are not so strong and maybe can take them every day but i think its far better if for situations like presentations you would use them.
I really wanna try xanax myself which is very addictive and it makes you feel like would be drunk but i know for sure i would only take them like at a big family dinner.. etc
I have bad social anxiety too so i know its hard.But the reason i haven tryed it yet cos my doctor gave me some crap what didn help at all he thinks im just lonely because im far away from my family and that i need to go out more often!!So i dont go back again as it was so embarrasin he didn belive me and i made a fool out of myself.
But im thinkin about goin back again and till that i have Bach Rescue Remedy you can get it in Boots.I think it does help a bit.

jayo

You should talk directly to the professor/lecturer about this.

I am sure they will be far more sympathetic than you may think.