Social anxiety scholarships

exquisite

I imagine there must be some college student suffering from SA on here, so here's a question for you guys. Does anyone know of any company or organization offering scholarships to people with SA? I mean, so many people suffer from it, there must be something, right? I haven't been diagnosed, I knida did a self-evaluation, but I know that my SA is pretty much bipolar, I can get really social, then in a second, I turn off. Usually, for me to turn off completely & go into my SA shell & a deep state of depression, something traumatic has to happen to me. But sometimes, I jsut get really scared & anxious, simply for no reason. For university students, that's a huge problem, since all of my classes require participation..but how in the heck can I participate if I feel like my heart is going to pop out of my chest & that everyone will think I'm a total idiot? It's hard enough to have to deal with this in life, but to have to cope with that in lectures, when my grade depends on it? Yeah...being a univ. student & having SA is a terrible thing...

exquisite

ahhhh, there deff should be a scholarship for people with SA...i really respect the people that, even though they have SA, still manage to go on & finish college, find a great job, etc, because it's so icredibly hard!
thats how it was for me my freshmen year..first semester was ok, but the 2nd, i jsut gave up, went into a deep depression, & wouldnt even get out of bed in the morning. this year, first semester, same thing...it ended up screwing up my grades & my GPA...but now, for spring, im gonna work my tush off to bring my GPA back again.. although i have to do a presentation in front of my polisci lecture of 50 or more poeple...we'll see how that goes..

Kathryn

I understand where you're coming from, pretty soon I will be going to a university as well. But unfortunately, I haven't encountered a SA scholarship yet.