So people look at you and they either

Rumplestiltskin

A. think you're disgusting/fugly/weird;

(You can easily tell by their face. Most stare at you for longer than they should. Some give that disdainful head-to-toes look that inevitably boosts your self-esteem.)

B. try to put on the best of their faces;

(But can't even remotely hide the fact that they pity you. This usually happens with people who know you personally.)

C. feel somehow uneasy and instantly look away, hoping that you'll do the same;

(This usually happens with beautiful girls who think you're a creep.)

D. just plain out laugh at you.

(Why even try to conceal it, being you as frail as you appear to be? This usually happens with groups of teenagers, be they male or female.)

_______

How are you supposed to start feeling slightly comfortable around people when all you ever get from them is this?

(Not that I'm blaming them, though. I would definitely do the same.)

planemo

It's true, since I've had all four situations happen to me. However there are a lot of people who really couldn't care less about what they see when they look at me. Unfortunately when you have low self esteem you remember all the negative reactions, but seem to bypass a positive one, which includes people not caring how you look. I'm sorry you go through it too, but i know that if i feel like i'm a spectacle to the view of others, whether or not i am in reality, i will still become it. so ultimately it still boils down to not caring what others think.

LeDiskoLove99

It's true, since I've had all four situations happen to me. However there are a lot of people who really couldn't care less about what they see when they look at me. Unfortunately when you have low self esteem you remember all the negative reactions, but seem to bypass a positive one, which includes people not caring how you look. I'm sorry you go through it too, but i know that if i feel like i'm a spectacle to the view of others, whether or not i am in reality, i will still become it. so ultimately it still boils down to not caring what others think.

I have to agree. And with all of the crappy people there are in the world, there are wonderful people too. They aren't as easy to come by, but they DO exist.

Bronson99

That's complete negativity there. Come on now, I'm sure you've had people smile at you before, and that's not usually out of pity.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
There is also the possibility that you are misinterpreting people's face. But let's assume you don't, or at least that there is no way at this moment to convince yourself that you are, I guess there is only 2 possibilities which are:

As Planemo said, shrug it.

Or, work on changing your vibe.

Or do both.