So many stereotypes, country hate

Okay, this will probably be a rant, sorry. I've noticed, while reading comments on Youtube and other sites, how SO many people have such ignorant, generalizing beliefs about others based on what country they're from. They truly believe these stereotypes and lump everyone from one area of the world into one negative category. And a lot of times they don't seem to have any first-hand experience or real exposure to the people they're attacking. This stems from one video in particular I watched of a very stupid person on a game show from the 1970's. The person happened to be an American, and I was astounded by the number of comments concluding that "Americans are all ignorant", "Stupid Americans", "A nation of hillbillies" blah blah blah. One person even said that "Most Americans have a low IQ". Based on one video clip of one person!!!! I mean, how do people really believe this crap? That you can sum up 300 million people? I've noticed this Anti-American commentary is very popular, and it's just pure ignorance from people you can tell have never even been to the US.

I saw another comment section where a British guy and an German guy were arguing and both spouting the most horrible stereotypes for whatever reason (It was all over some random clip of a late night show that shouldn't have even sparked an argument). "All Brits are pussies" and "snobby *******s" or something to that effect. And then came the "Germans have no sense of humor" comment. And then they started bashing the history of each other's country. Really?!? Over a ****ing youtube clip?

Then of course you have the negative **** hurled at people for their race. The big N-bomb for black people is a popular one.

Don't people realize by now that PEOPLE are PEOPLE??? There are smart and stupid people everywhere, and every person from every country is an individual. It makes me really sad that people are so hateful and misguided in their beliefs. I mean, I literally get depressed about this. I wish more people would travel around and meet people from all over so they would realize how stupid their judgements are. ARRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH Okay, I'm done.

Yeah, it's depressing. But you have to realize that most people are stupid (sorry for putting this so negatively and bluntly, but I don't feel like being nice and eloquent atm - I'm tired :(). And while we have stupid (ignorant is what I mean), we will have things like this around ;). You can't change people - so let them be and accept the fact that you can't change people as a whole - that is up to them (up to all of us) - EVOLUTION... and evolution takes time...

I'ts not too surprising to realize that the individual "thinker" is far ahead in terms of awareness of reality (and how "things" really are) than "people" as a whole. Like I said, try to not get upset about it, it's useless, it'll only make yourself feel bad - and accept it :).

philly2bits

Youtube is the worst community on the internet. Instead of discussing the videos the comments are hijacked by people who have nothing better to do then act tough or smart while being completely anonymous.