So lonesome I cry

veryshy

I dont know why I feel so alone. I have my brother and his girlfriend as roommates. I didnt feel this alone when I was alone. I guess I feel like a third wheel, getting in the way, butting in, dampening their moments together. :cry:

redlady

I always feel more alone when i am around other people - it is a constant testament at how awkward and disconnected from people i am. I hate feeling that way myself and i am sorry that you are plagued with these feelings yourself.

Chilling__Echo

ohhh yeah, it sucks alot to be around a couple. my best friend has a bf so i'm around them alot. i eventually got used to it but i still get bummed sometimes.

don't feel alone, you're not the only one lonely :( <hugs>

veryshy

Now they say shes pregnant. 8O

My brother is going to have children and Ive never even kissed a girl. Boy I feel like a loser.

Skyla

i feel really alone at the moment. i lost my job 2 weeks ago i havent really been anywhere since. just inside the house on most days hoping to get replies from the CVs i handed out.
when you're home alone most of the day with shit all to do, it really gets you down. i cant sleep because im doing nothing during the day. too much time to think. all i can think about all day is "wheres my friends? i want a relationship. this is sad, wheres my friends, i want a relationship, this is sad. wheres...." its a cycle that doesnt stop. its all i think about.

Lightcloud

I think when you have SA, one of the symptoms/sure-signs is the "treadmill of thought" cycle that you're describing Skyla. That often happens to me, I make myself so depressed with my irrational negative thinking. When you start thinking like that, you need to just tell yourself STOP. You need to concentrate on something else or do something - a chore around the house, turn on a TV show, pick up some other hobby, read a book - do something to get your mind focused on something else.

And I know it sucks to be lonely and all - I've had the same feelings. Sometimes it feels like I'm so alone there's nothing left to live for, but I've grown out of that. I have myself to live for and if I can learn to accept myself, that will be good enough. I'll be keeping you in my prayers about getting a new job. I really hope everything works out for you - no one on this board with SA deserves to suffer as much as we do.

veryshy

Lightcloud said:
I think when you have SA, one of the symptoms/sure-signs is the "treadmill of thought" cycle that you're describing Skyla. That often happens to me, I make myself so depressed with my irrational negative thinking. When you start thinking like that, you need to just tell yourself STOP. You need to concentrate on something else or do something - a chore around the house, turn on a TV show, pick up some other hobby, read a book - do something to get your mind focused on something else.

And I know it sucks to be lonely and all - I've had the same feelings. Sometimes it feels like I'm so alone there's nothing left to live for, but I've grown out of that. I have myself to live for and if I can learn to accept myself, that will be good enough. I'll be keeping you in my prayers about getting a new job. I really hope everything works out for you - no one on this board with SA deserves to suffer as much as we do.

I do pretty good not thinking about it, then news like this comes along and smacks me in the face with a reality check.. :cry:

Skyla

Lightcloud said:

thank you very much. it feels nice to hear (or read, lol) someone say that. :D :cry:

LittleMissScareAll

I hate being with a groups of people; I always feel so left out. :cry:
Not long ago when I had a boyfriend...It was great when I was with just him, but when his friends were around, they all talked and I felt invisible.
I agree with the Amorphis song, "Alone": "I've got more companions when I'm all alone"....

lostboi

It's always when I'm around other people that I feel most isolated and alone. Such a strange contradiction.

allanboy

I also get this stranded feeling when surrounded by people, but strangely, i feel like (this is weird) i´m "filling my part". I just, kinda feel good, it´s odd.

Although, after some time i start thinking they are getting pity from me, just bording all the conversation, this i dont like. Pity.

Waybuloo

yea, when i'm around people, i feel like i'm in a misfit league of my own. It makes u wonder though whether i'm just programed to be alone. I think it goes deeper than just SA but is also part of my personality. I once read from my star sign that i'm eccentric and weird and prone to be socially unconforming. One even went to say that i would be a true hermit sometime in my life. Now i find it hard to believe 1 12th of the population would become hermits but it did struck a chord with me. I guess now that my SA is written in the stars i dont' have to try to get out of it?

sorry for the sub-intelligent blab

Waybuloo

yea, when i'm around people, i feel like i'm in a misfit league of my own. It makes u wonder though whether i'm just programed to be alone. I think it goes deeper than just SA but is also part of my personality. I once read from my star sign that i'm eccentric and weird and prone to be socially unconforming. One even went to say that i would be a true hermit sometime in my life. Now i find it hard to believe 1 12th of the population would become hermits but it did struck a chord with me. I guess now that my SA is written in the stars i dont' have to try to get out of it?

sorry for the sub-intelligent blab