So I met this girl off Craigslist and...

FMA102

Long story short, I've been single since August of 2011. I've gone out with a couple of girls since then but never made it past the first date because I'm weird and awkward (like most people on here, I'm guessing haha).

Fast forward to a few months ago, I answered this girl's ad off Craigslist in the Strictly Platonic section. We really hit it off and text/talked for about a month and a half before meeting in person. It went great if not a little nervous/awkward (as meeting strangers from the internet can be). She was as pretty as her pictures and was as awesome and sweet as she was in our text convos.

We didn't hang out again after that for a while on account of us both being pretty busy with work and school. Last Friday, we finally found some time to go to the movies. This time around was even better. No awkwardness, steady convo, laughing. And, while we were walking to the parking lot from the theater, I wrapped my arm around her and she did the same to me. Then, after I dropped her off at her place, I walked her to her door where we ended up holding each other for a while before we said goodbye.

We're supposed to go out again tomorrow, and I'm thinking about going for a smooch. I'm thinking the last two were pretty good indicators that she likes me/comfortable with me, but I'm also wondering if she's just comfortable with me because she thinks I'm a good friend (her ad was in the strictly platonic section after all, lol).

Anyway I'm really rusty with all this dating stuff, so if anyone could comment I'd appreciate it. Also, we're both 22 if it matters.

theoutsider

I'd say go with what you feel at the moment. If you plan on it beforehand, that's all you're going to be thinking about all night and it will make you anxious. If you feel it but still aren't sure if she feels the same try giving her a kiss on the cheek instead of the lips. See how she reacts. If all is well, go for the lips on the next date or that same night if you are confident enough. I have to say, from her previous reactions to holding you and hugging you, it sounds like she is up for it. Often people say they want platonic because that is more safe but they are open for more. Hope that helps!

Let us know how it went.