So I asked him about us dating

CrazyGirl

We have been friends for a few years and do things together with our group of friends. One time recently, we went out to eat just the two of us.

Then also, recently flaked out on me at the last minute about our plans without a legit reason for doing so.

So then, I threw out the idea to him of us dating. At first, he avoided the question like I was joking about it. Then after telling him I was serious about us dating, he seemed freaked out by avoiding talking about it other than he believes Jesus needs to be in the middle of a relationship between woman and man. He is deeply religious. Meaning he doesn't believe sex before marriage. However, he knows that I've had premarital sex in the past. And I respect his decision wanting to wait until marriage. With him being in his 40's & still a virgin, and always joking about sex and women, seem like he would want to be in a relationship & experience the real thing instead of joking about it all the time.

I've never been a serious relationship so don't know what to expect

Megaten

Yeah even amongst Christians Ive not seen many guys legitimately stay pure that long. Either he IS Jesus or something else is going on. :idontknow:

Zooman

No, but Data does (see ST:TNG) and that is because he doesn't fully understand the human condition; neither do I, so that's why the avatar is apropos...

Yep i know about star trek, it's a good show. Wouldn't it make more sense to have an avatar of Data instead then?

fate12321

We have been friends for a few years and do things together with our group of friends. One time recently, we went out to eat just the two of us.

Then also, recently flaked out on me at the last minute about our plans without a legit reason for doing so.

So then, I threw out the idea to him of us dating. At first, he avoided the question like I was joking about it. Then after telling him I was serious about us dating, he seemed freaked out by avoiding talking about it other than he believes Jesus needs to be in the middle of a relationship between woman and man. He is deeply religious. Meaning he doesn't believe sex before marriage. However, he knows that I've had premarital sex in the past. And I respect his decision wanting to wait until marriage. With him being in his 40's & still a virgin, and always joking about sex and women, seem like he would want to be in a relationship & experience the real thing instead of joking about it all the time.

I've never been a serious relationship so don't know what to expect

If he is really deeply religious, perhaps he wants you to convert to his religion? The only way he will accept someone is if that person understands him. Not sure if you understand, but, to clarify, maybe he's looking for a person with an equal belief that fears god. In other words, he's looking for religious woman.

JohnB

Just joined today and going through post. I am 39 and married. If he is seriously 40 and a virgin that's pretty excessive. I don't believe that religion is the cause but possibly just scared of the situation. Not trying to be rude or anything with post but considering personal experiences.