so frustrated with shy guy!!

xkiss_me_nowx

theres this guy i really like in school.. and i know he likes me.
we talk on MSN alllll the time, and get on really well and he make's me laugh.. but when we see each other in school he alway's blushes and jus blurts out a quick 'hi :oops:' ... and it's hard because im already shy! and im shyer because i know ive gotta lead the conversation on, and gotta do more if i want something good to happen with this guy.
we are meeting up today though! but there will be lots of us.. my friends, becky, lisa, leanne and him and his friends lee and david..
so it might be hard to talk to him! but im gonna try my best to make conversation with him.
but he even said on msn last night 'you prolly wont here a peep out of me 2mos! :|' and i was like 'whyyy' and he was like 'becuz im so shy!'
i mean, me being really shy and him beinggg even shyer than me! idk what to do..
should i just go with the flow?
hes told my friends he likes me, heck hes even told me he likes me.. hes just to shy to do something about it :(... so im not sure if i can lead this on.. im too shy to! .. but i kinda really like him :(

xkiss_me_nowx

COALPORTER said:
xkiss_me_nowx said:
Sacrament said:
What language was he speaking on MSN?

What language do you think. sarcastic idiot.

Are u shure SA is why you have no friends? :?:
Maybe this shy guy has other reasons to fear you?

rofl. get youre facts right before you speak. i have plenty of friends :)
probably unlike you. :wink:
and as for the shy guy, fearing me, what are you talking about?! .. and i just got home, and he like's me :). it went well today.

TAMPA-BAY

I am not sure what advise to give cause it 's clear that you're fighting a up hill battle. Ive had this problem over and over again.

Two shy people trying to get together is so dificult.
Try meeting one on one and if that doesnt work then I don't know what else.

The good thing is at least you and him are already friends.

xkiss_me_nowx

TAMPA-BAY said:
I am not sure what advise to give cause it 's clear that you're fighting a up hill battle. Ive had this problem over and over again.

Two shy people trying to get together is so dificult.
Try meeting one on one and if that doesnt work then I don't know what else.

The good thing is at least you and him are already friends.

yeah i thought that.
yesterday went pretty well though, although my friends kinda embarrsed us both sometimes! lol! by sayin stuff like 'ooh sooo paddy do you like becky' and all this in front of everyone. haha.
but it started rainin so we all went to sit into my friends beckys house, and we all had a right laugh, and i was sat next to him,and we had a few laughs aswell.. a little awkward but not so bad.. and now were all arrangin to meet up next weekend now. so thing's are going pretty good actually! :D thanks for youre reply :)

BornAgain

are you sure you have SA? Im just asking because you are describing events of a life of a normal person. You have plenty of friends, you walk out in public, you talk to boys, just what can't you do? How old are you anyways?

Y

xkiss_me_nowx said:
COALPORTER said:
xkiss_me_nowx said:
Sacrament said:
What language was he speaking on MSN?

What language do you think. sarcastic idiot.

Are u shure SA is why you have no friends? :?:
Maybe this shy guy has other reasons to fear you?

rofl. get youre facts right before you speak. i have plenty of friends :)
probably unlike you. :wink:

And??? That makes you better than him? Your posts are offending me most of the time, you know what kinda forum we are in, dont you? We dont humiliate people here, or look down on them, we dont need a bully here! Theres plenty of those out there.

So you want an advice? why dont you go and never come back here?

BornAgain

geez, what a dick! why would people here brag about having friends? Ok, you may have friends but guess what, you have Social Anxiety Disorder, too! And maybe Major Depressive Disorder along with that one! And worse of all, your friends probably know that and recognize you by those traits! Your friends probably enjoy hanging out with each other more than with you! Think about those things!

Not trying to be a dick, and a hyppocrite, myself, but Im trying to prove a point. I dont think theres anything funny or wrong about the situation above. Dont brag about something if its little more than what others have.

xkiss_me_nowx

sorry people.
im not meaning to offend people, and i am certainly not a bully!
when i think someones offending me in someway, i get offensive, and yes its silly i just say stuff.
and im apolagising so im sorry.

i dont know if what i have is SA.. but i am really shy sometimes. it's just weird with me it comes and goes.i think it's to do with my confidence. and i get very depressed sometimes..

and in no way do i think i am better than any of you here, and i dont look down on you all!..
maybe just the way i say things that way may seem it. but i dont. i guess maybe i dont want to seem like a loser, or face up to real facts? idk
im just not good with words... but i really do apolagise for offending people here..
i was just posting for advice.. :(
and i really dont mean to brag that i actually have friends... i dont at all.
when he said i had 'no friends' though, i did get defensive, and well.. i know i shouldnt said what i said anyway.
i'll try not to offend anyone again.

and bornagain, i am 15..
and i HAVE to do those things, i am a teenage girl.. it's part of my life, walkin gout in public places, well im not so bad with that, talking to boys.. im not bad with that, unless i like them..
i am just really shy with people i dont know so well... and it got a really bad point as to thats when i signed upto this forum a while ago.. but lately i have improved alot.. and become abit more confident within myself.

Kinetik

I honestly don't think you have SA. You're out there, you've got friends, suitors, all that stuff. You're also still young, and you're going to go through big changes that don't occur til you're in your late teens/early twenties. I'm young myself (22), but I'm a completely different guy now to how I was at say, 18. So I mean, don't be too hard on yourself, you're probably just fine, and even if you don't think you are, you've still got heaps of time before you emerge as a fully-formed adult. That's why I don't think it's even possible to gauge SA accurately while people are still in their teens, because I feel it's too early to say for sure. And everyone struggles with major bouts of shyness from time to time. There's nothing unusual about that. :)