Smelly Feet ( bromhidrosis )

lina

Hi Brenda, how do you know that you have smelly feet?
I only able to smell the feet once or twice ony.
I am post ETS compensatory sweating sufferer. I thought it is common to have smelly feet since my feet really sweat a lot. But after taking Robinul recently, my feet dry, then I think I should not have smelly feet. But still I can see the ppls like smelling something when i come near to them. But I just can't smell myself. Is it possible that i have body odor instead of smelly feet? I ask my husband but he said smell nothing. But i am too shy to ask others. How can we find out what we smell? I really suffer because of this sweating & odor problem. I can't stay long in one company...

Sprawling

I think someone knows when they have smelly feet. Usually the odor is pretty severe. If your husband is honest with you he should be able tell the difference between body odor elsewhere and smelly feet.

Brenda

Hi Brenda, how do you know that you have smelly feet?
I only able to smell the feet once or twice ony.
I am post ETS compensatory sweating sufferer. I thought it is common to have smelly feet since my feet really sweat a lot. But after taking Robinul recently, my feet dry, then I think I should not have smelly feet. But still I can see the ppls like smelling something when i come near to them. But I just can't smell myself. Is it possible that i have body odor instead of smelly feet? I ask my husband but he said smell nothing. But i am too shy to ask others. How can we find out what we smell? I really suffer because of this sweating & odor problem. I can't stay long in one company...

You can certainly smell the pestilence in a closed environment, like an elevator, in the subway or in small rooms without ventilation.

Is your olfactory sense good? People who snore or have chronic rhinitis (sp?) or sinusitis can't smell well, which is a problem for people like us.

If that's the case, you need a consultation with an otolaryngologist, and BTW ask him/her if s/he can check you feet, just tell him your troubles for the best guidance.
I woud also ecommend a dermatologist visit but I haven't had good luck in that department. All dermatologist I met think this illness is produced by poor hygiene, which is humilliating. Even it's in medical books Bromhidrosis - Dermatologic Disorders - Merck Manuals Professional Edition

My recommendation: start using urea ointment which is an emolient and natural antibacterial. Try to get Isdin Ureadin Podos, it works slow (you can see results in 3 weeks) but is safe, hypoallergenic and natural.

Best wishes!!

backfish

hello Sprawling,
First of all let me assure you that I am not Marcus!I have been suffering from palmar Hyperhidrosis since my early teens and have lived with the embarrassment of dripping hands and all of the social problems and isolation that come with this condition.I have tried many of the so called "solutions" but none worked for me in the long run . I rejected Botox therapy for financial reasons having read that they are extremely expensive and that they must be repeated ,thus multiplying the already high costs ad infinitum. I researched ETS and came to the conclusion that it was not something for me to even consider. I eventually tried Iontophoresis therapy and after a time of making the necessary adjustments for my personal therapy it started working for me and has been working for me ever since ,except for the time that I went on vacation and stopped doing my maintenance treatments . My hands started sweating again and I had to start the therapy again from the beginning. I have not made this mistake again, I now travel with my machine , which is by the way no problem.Yes the initial costs for a good machine like the Idromed 5 PC are high ,but you get what you pay for . Not all ionto machines are created equal.The homemade machines and the other cheap machines do not have the safety features , the power , or the fine tuning adjustment possibilities needed for a personal therapy . Everyone is different. Every therapy progression is different. There is as you must also know, a very small percentage of HH sufferers for whom Ionto does not work.. In the beginning I also thought that it would not work for me,but Marcus and his team provided me with an excellent after sales service and helped me with my questions and basically "walked" me through the first stages of the therapy until i got dry. It may sound to you that I am "promoting " a certain machine , but as i see it I am writing on this site let other people know that taking pills , injecting botox and having ETS are not the only ways of solving their problems and that for me iontophoresis therapy with the right machine and the right therapy management worked for me and has definitely changed my life.

Sprawling

I still see it as you are promoting one machine over another. Hopefully your story about yourself is true and I'll take your word for it. As far as getting what you pay for.... not so on ionto machines. Simple can work just as fine as one with bells and whistles. My machine has the power, little in the way of bells and whistles and cost a fraction of the machine you are promoting for Marcus.

True, there are a certain amount of people that ionto has zero effect. I have a friend who uses a machine do to ets problems and it works while her daughter has had zero success. I've spent 11 years doing ionto have come across the strangest problems and my own personal experience where ionto would just not work well.

Ionto is ionto which is direct current either pulsed or not. My angle is to get people to try ionto by any means possible while your angle is to promote a very expensive product that if you compared side by side with mine the outcome will most likely be the same.

My advice to you is feel free to give advice on the benefits of ionto as do I in my many posts. Your posts are mainly geared towards selling a very expensive machine and telling people that it's well worth the overly expensive price. What about those people who cannot afford $850+ price? You give little in the way of options. I'd rather see someone use a homemade device than nothing at all. You may not be Marcus but I guarantee you earn a commission fromMarcus based on your postings. Your postings speak for themself.

healed

Thanks for your advice. I tried ionto and botox but didn't work because it doesn't function on apocrine sweat gland (oily ODOR generators glands) but only in eccrine gland (waterish sweat glands) ETS won't work either on appocrine glands but yes on eccrine sweat gland.
Wow, Brenda has really done her research. This will be very helpful to a lot of people including me.

Well, unfortunately, i got reinfected, i just hope the medication really works fast. No one should go through this.

Not all is lost, Jesus is Lord.